Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Selling My FFR Mk4

Post Thanks / Like

Selling My FFR Mk4

I am selling my Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra Roadster Replica. This car was the subject of a book that I wrote, "How To Build Cobra Kit Cars + Buying Used." We used a Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra complete kit, the most popular Cobra replica kit available. Factory Five Racing took a digital rendering of Mr. Dick Smith's legendary original 427SC Shelby Cobra to create the body of the 4th generation FFR Mk4, so the shape of the body is as the original 198-mile per hour Cobra roadster that the great Dick Smith raced at Daytona and other road courses across the U.S. The sports car is loaded with the absolute best all-new parts. The chassis has independent front suspension and independent rear suspension with Koni coilover shocks at all four corners. In the cockpit, a Moto-Lita wood-rimmed steering wheel, just like the wheel used in original Cobras, handles the turning duties. Black leather seats hold the driver and lucky passenger in comfort and style, and the Simpson five-point safety harness system keeps the pilot and co-pilot safe. Under the hood there's a Dart Manufacturing 351 Windsor aluminum engine block topped by Dart's pro aluminum cylinder heads. Quarter Mile Performance Racing, a famous engine builder in Chatsworth, California, professionally built the engine with the finest auto components and created a 427 bored and stroked engine that makes 516-horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque on the engine dyno. This prodigious race mill is backed by a Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed manual gearbox. You read it right! There's a 6-speed gearbox backing that lusty engine! When you're cruising the boulevards or terrorizing road courses on open track days, you'll be getting looks, thumbs ups and smiles from everyone you pass! My Cobra replica is built with the best automotive components available. I've seen many great Cobra replicas, since I am the former editor of KIT CAR magazine, and this particular Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra roadster replica is one of the absolute best of the best. Did I mention that the car is registered SB100 California legal? Here's a link to an article about the car's first drive, which includes an informative video: http://montereycarweek.net/american/...4-cobra-build/. Here's a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6UB6D8. Please call me or email me and we can go from there. Thanks for your interest. Best regards, Brian, 760-908-9575 cell, [email protected]. The price is OBO.

Post Thanks / Like

Still Available?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSmith View Post
    I am selling my Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra Roadster Replica. This car was the subject of a book that I wrote, "How To Build Cobra Kit Cars + Buying Used." We used a Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra complete kit, the most popular Cobra replica kit available. Factory Five Racing took a digital rendering of Mr. Dick Smith's legendary original 427SC Shelby Cobra to create the body of the 4th generation FFR Mk4, so the shape of the body is as the original 198-mile per hour Cobra roadster that the great Dick Smith raced at Daytona and other road courses across the U.S. The sports car is loaded with the absolute best all-new parts. The chassis has independent front suspension and independent rear suspension with Koni coilover shocks at all four corners. In the cockpit, a Moto-Lita wood-rimmed steering wheel, just like the wheel used in original Cobras, handles the turning duties. Black leather seats hold the driver and lucky passenger in comfort and style, and the Simpson five-point safety harness system keeps the pilot and co-pilot safe. Under the hood there's a Dart Manufacturing 351 Windsor aluminum engine block topped by Dart's pro aluminum cylinder heads. Quarter Mile Performance Racing, a famous engine builder in Chatsworth, California, professionally built the engine with the finest auto components and created a 427 bored and stroked engine that makes 516-horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque on the engine dyno. This prodigious race mill is backed by a Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed manual gearbox. You read it right! There's a 6-speed gearbox backing that lusty engine! When you're cruising the boulevards or terrorizing road courses on open track days, you'll be getting looks, thumbs ups and smiles from everyone you pass! My Cobra replica is built with the best automotive components available. I've seen many great Cobra replicas, since I am the former editor of KIT CAR magazine, and this particular Factory Five Racing Mk4 Cobra roadster replica is one of the absolute best of the best. Did I mention that the car is registered SB100 California legal? Here's a link to an article about the car's first drive, which includes an informative video: http://montereycarweek.net/american/...4-cobra-build/. Here's a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6UB6D8. Please call me or email me and we can go from there. Thanks for your interest. Best regards, Brian, 760-908-9575 cell, [email protected]. The price is OBO.

Is the car still available? What are you asking for it?