Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kit car noob

Post Thanks / Like

Kit car noob

I have been following the development of the 818, and been very interested on building one. The only thing that was holding me back was the roof, but that has been solved. So I have been in the process of figuring out what I would want "my" 818c to be. I figured this would be a great place to get ideas for my build.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have never built a car, or at least performed major overhauling tasks, I would stick to a primarily stock build and 'soup it up' later. I have only just barely driven my 818S (in go-kart mode without its body panels) and it is going to be a quick car that will be more capable than I am. I would focus on doing a careful quality build so that you are pleased with what you end up with plus it will make it easier to work on (being neat and clean and orderly).

What specifically would you like to know more about? I can answer some build questions, but others will be better for running and performance questions. Fire away!

Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I am hoping to learn a lot from you and others that have done this.

Building cars is nothing new to me, I have done full restore jobs on several cars, and modded several more. I am actually not looking to get any more power from my WRX, it is already pushing about 375whp. I am more interested in things like traction control, adding abs, a/c, and so on. I know that these things will add weight, and will affect the performance, but that can be dealt with i other ways.
    Last edited by Magz13; 01-17-2017 at 05:05 PM.