FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seats for Factory Five MK4 Roadster ????

Post Thanks / Like

Seats for Factory Five MK4 Roadster ????

Hi All.....

I've just placed an order for a Factory Five MK4 Roadster.. Two of the options on the available seats are Leather Standard seats and the Leather Big and Tall... I'm 5'8" and a regular leg length for that size. Inseam about 30-32. Weight 160. For my size, what would you recommend and why? They've told me that the big and tall gives more room but less cushion. I plan on also installing the optional adjustable track in the drivers seat.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Ruddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest the standard seats. I'm 5'10" and weigh more than you and the standard seats fit me just fine. No reason to maybe give up comfort for something you don't need. I have the seats hard mounted all the way back and reach the pedals fine. The adjustable track is a bit of a pain to install, and unless you have some really short drivers planning to drive the car, I don't think they're worth the bother. At the very least, maybe wait until you have the car and see how you fit before committing to them.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be fine with the standard leather upgraded seats for your size. If anyone smaller than you is planning on driving the car then it's a good idea for the sliders. I'm 6'4" and sit way to high and close in the standard leather seats. I'm currently designing brackets for speedway motor mounts onto my Kirkey Vintage Bucket (which I'm going to have custom covered to look like the standard seats). It's way more money and time, but a requirement when you are taller.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I bought the Big & Tall seats and I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam @ 175 lbs. I ordered them hoping that my brother would fit, but it was a bust because he is 6'4" with a 36" inseam. Add in his size 15 gunboat feet and the pedal box won't work either. Anyway, going with the Big & Tall has allowed me to use Jeep Seat Sliders on both sides. My wife is 5'2" and my son is 5'8" so it is a big plus for us. Also, the seats were lower than the standard seats so the brackets put me at the perfect height. They were made by Best-Top and I got them at Summit Racing. If you want seat slider, then you may want to consider them. Also, Dan Golub of FFR just did a video on the seats very recently. You can find on You-Tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with the standard size seats and sliders. I am 5-9 170# and this combination works great for me.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just reading over your post. I'm 6'2" and ordered the big and tall leather seats. I'm getting to the point in my build that I'm realizing I might need a different seat. I was thinking of the kirkey vintage buckets and getting them upholstered as well. I want to use sliders on the drivers side. Where you able to use adjustable sliders with yours?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Duke,
    Just looking over the thread. I'm 6'2" 165 lbs and the leather big and tall seats are not ideal for me. where the kirkey reupholstered seats a good move for you in the end?