Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Altenator Bracket for 351w w v-belt setup?

Post Thanks / Like

Altenator Bracket for 351w w v-belt setup?

I am using a stock v-belt setup with a one wire alternator. What are you folks using for the bracket to hold the alternator? I have the vintage air AC bracket on the drivers side and need the alternator on the passenger side right up in front of the valve cover or way down low to miss the down tube of the frame on that side. Obviously, I am not interested in spending another $1000 on a march system with reverse rotation serpentine water pump and all that stuff. maybe later but not right now. I just need the brackets. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    I am using a stock v-belt setup with a one wire alternator. What are you folks using for the bracket to hold the alternator? I have the vintage air AC bracket on the drivers side and need the alternator on the passenger side right up in front of the valve cover or way down low to miss the down tube of the frame on that side. Obviously, I am not interested in spending another $1000 on a march system with reverse rotation serpentine water pump and all that stuff. maybe later but not right now. I just need the brackets. thanks
    I am using the Summit Racing Billet Aluminum Alternator Bracket SUM-2003 for 351W. Very easy to install and works great and on.y $69.95

sme-2003_w_ml.jpg

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a nice polished aluminum bracket at Jeggs.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    I used one from CVF Racing. Here is a link to one for a 351 http://www.cvfracing.com/Ford-351W-A...-altbrkt-p.htm.

HTH
    Norm

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You may want to also look at March Performance. They've got all sorts of set ups from super basic to upper end crazy. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I procured a piece of 1/2" thick 6061T6, broke out the grinder and made one. Not as tough as it looks.
    DSC00003-600x450.jpg
    DSC00005-600x450.jpg
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!