Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Happy Day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Day!!!!

Hello!
    My name is Chris (ricobrafan - may need to change due to the coupe) and I live in Rhode Island. I previously owned FFR #3033 which was sold in May and I just put my deposit down on a Type 65 coupe! A big thank you to Courtnie, Dan and Dave Smith! The roadster was purchased built/assembled but I took the car from a complete donor to a non-donor car. I learned lot and built up the confidence to complete a build from the beginning. I have already talked and met with many great coupe builders/owners and everyone has been very helpful, especially Matt from Mass. I am planning a fairly traditional build. Here are a few details:
    Complete Kit
    Powered Coated
    2015 IRS with Sway Bar
    Front Sway Bar
    Wilwoods Front and Rear
    Fuel Cell Cage (Fuel Safe Cell)
    Power Steering
    Heat/AC
    Wipers
    Kirky High Back Seats
    Wheels TBD
    Motor - SBF 363 - Specs TBD
    The delivery date is set for June 18th. I will start a formal build tread once I get going. Any and all feedback will be welcomed!!!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I enjoyed my coupe that I built and recently sold. Check out my thread if it helps any. Enjoy the build.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Sounds like an awesome build

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Raise your right hand and say after me,

"I (State your name), do swear/affirm, that upon acceptance of this "Revered Coupe Jacket", will willingly subject myself to all manner of frustration and abrasion that my FFR Type 65 will provide. I further pledge that any and all fellow Coupe builders will have free reign in using the cash available in my wallet as they see fit to improve my build plan. I will not look down upon our fellow Roadster builders, but rather take pity on those not talented enough to build a race car with a roof, So Help Me God!"

It is my pleasure to present you with the "Revered Coupe Jacket", Here's your sign!!

“If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Hanki. It now feels reel. I hope I can keep up to the high standards that have been set by those before me. As far as $$$, I just visited Russ Thomson's site and I could take one of everything for the coupe. I look forward to posting updates and getting feedback. Thanks and ENJOY!