Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How do I get a 2015-2016 Coyote engine Install link?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get a 2015-2016 Coyote engine Install link?

The older version I have and dont need. There are quite a few differences in the 2015/2016 engine, as well as harness, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT++ Here's the email i received from Courtnie at FF.

Hey Paul,

We are working on getting a 2015/2016 Coyote engine here so we can install
    it and make up some new instructions. But at this point in time we have
    yet to use a new Coyote and don't have a new PDF update.

Courtnie Provencher
    Technical Support & Sales
    Factory Five Racing, Inc.
    Last edited by FormulaGod; 05-15-2016 at 12:06 AM.
    FFR #8214 -2nd gen Coyote-Wilwood setup-Hydroboost-17" Halibrand-3 Link-TKO600

2003 Mercury Marauder Vortech V2 T-Trim 518rwhp 11.70 @ 121mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the ford control pack install instructions? https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...-6017-504V.pdf
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you mean Coyote installation instructions from Factory Five. I'm not aware of a revision from them for the 2015-2016 Coyote. Many aspects are similar, but I agree there are also a number of changes. Some pretty significant. It would be interesting to know FF's plans to release an update, but my Roadster installation with the 2015-2016 version Coyote is nearly complete. Between the older instructions and the latest Ford controls pack instructions I was able to work through it. FWIW, my build thread (link in sig line) describes what I did in some detail.
    Last edited by edwardb; 05-10-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread. I'm getting close to complete getting my 2015 coyote wired up. there is a lot in the ffr manual that's outdated and hopefully for future coyotes will be available soon. I ended up just wiring based on the coyote install manual from ford performance.
    so on to my question. my coyote is going into the 33 using the Honda civic alternator in order to relocate to the right side of the engine, with the last wire harness you connect the vbat yellow wire to the alternator. With the 2015 control harness that wire is gone replaced by 3 wires from the harness( Battery sense B+ HOT, regulator control ALTCOM GENRC C-13, AND Load indicator ALTMON GENLI C-26). the connections available on the Honda alternator are computer, frequency, light, ignition. I have called both Factory five and ford performance and both didn't have an answer. I did get a wire diagram for the ford connector but its all Greek to me. Any ideas? altcom is computer, altmon is load indicator,

My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Send me an email to [email protected] and I can send you a PDF version of the most recently updated Coyote Install Instructions we have.
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the older harness connection instructions and wired only to the ignition pin as per the instructions, the alternator worked fine but I had .25 amp draw with the key off. I started pulling fuses in the Ford control box until it stopped, the "KApower" fuse was the draw, that is the alternator field power circuit. After swapping out the alternator (assuming it was a diode issue) with no change in the draw I deducted that Honda probably controls power to the field with ignition switch. I installed a relay to control the field power, the draw been corrected and the alternator works correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Paul,

We are working on getting a 2015/2016 Coyote engine here so we can install
    it and make up some new instructions. But at this point in time we have
    yet to use a new Coyote and don't have a new PDF update.

Courtnie Provencher
    Technical Support & Sales
    Factory Five Racing, Inc.
    FFR #8214 -2nd gen Coyote-Wilwood setup-Hydroboost-17" Halibrand-3 Link-TKO600

2003 Mercury Marauder Vortech V2 T-Trim 518rwhp 11.70 @ 121mph

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so glad I found this thread. I have been staring at the 2011-14 coyote fitment and nothing added up. Now, I think I will be done a lot sooner.