Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bad A$$ 33 HotRod For Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Bad A$$ 33 HotRod For Sale

Life and a new baby getting in the way of the toys. After not touching the car since the FFR open house 2015 it is up for sale. $35,000

Winner of the Most Innovative Design Award at Factory Five’s Open House 2015.
    This is a Factory Five 33 HotRod, Designed to look like a 33 Ford but handle like a race car. It was finished in 2015 and has less than 100 test miles on it. I am the original owner/Builder and it is ready to register in your state.

The interior: The interior is bare bones as I could get it. The dash has 6 Autometer gauges and a start button. I wanted it to look as simple as possible. There is no clutter of switches or knobs. The lights all turn on when you start the car. A wireless key fob in your pocket is all you need when you jump in to press the start button. The seats are from a Mazda Miata and are the only used parts on the entire car. The low back Factory Five seats will be included but are not as comfortable.
    Some more details about interior:
    · Miata black bucket seats
    · Painted dash with Autometer gauges (tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure, water temp, fuel level, battery voltage)
    · Digital Guard Dog Security system with key fob. Key fob needs to be within 10’ of car to start it
    · Sound dampening and sound proofing throughout cockpit
    · Black carpet throughout
    · Real 8 Ball Shifter
    · Leather E-brake and Shift boot
    The engine: The engine is a 4.6 Ford DOHC. It was purchased new and was on a crate from Ford, and was a NOS (New Old Stock) replacement. Designed as the focal point of my build I wanted a modern engine that looked like an old Hemi. The factory fuel injection system was removed and replaced with a complete custom system. A sheet metal intake manifold was designed and built to accept custom made EFI throttle bodies. The throttle bodies were built specially for this car. They are billet aluminum and designed to look like Holley 390 carburetors and topped with a Hilborn style scoop air cleaner. The ignition is controlled by an MSD MOD6 ignition box and the EFI is controlled by a FAST ECU.
    Some more details about the drivetrain:
    · 4.6 Ford Dual Over Head Cam (New)
    · MSD MOD6 Ignition System
    · Fast Electronic Fuel Injection with hand held programmer (EZ EFI) No computer required for tuning
    · RetroTek Speed EFI throttle Bodies with hidden micro 30lb injectors
    · Custom Sheet metal intake manifold
    · Ford Racing Ceramic coated headers w/stainless steel rear exit exhaust from Bassani
    · MSD Coil packs Coil on Plug
    · Hilborn Scoop air Cleaner
    · Moroso breather system with AN fittings and Black Nylon Hose
    · Remote mounted oil filter with AN fittings and Black Nylon Hose
    · Coolant system plumbing to cool rear of heads. Temp sensors hidden in engine valley
    · Custom thermostat housing to accept -16 AN hose and fittings
    · Upper Radiator hose housing to split coolant flow into both cylinder heads
    · Extensive use of AN fittings and hose for fuel lines, breather, and water bypass system
    · Painted Cam covers with Billet Aluminum Ford Racing Coil Pack covers and oil filler
    · Mechanical Throttle linkage
    · Lokar Oil Level Dip stick
    · Aluminum Radiator shroud with overflow tank and body painted grill and lights and billet cap
    · Prothane Polyurethane Engine and Transmission mounts
    · Tremec 3650 Transmission (new) all new with clutch, flywheel, disc and bearing (all new parts)
    · Steeda short throw shifter
    · 8.8 Rear end with 3.73 gears with 5 lug axels and traction lock differential (new from Ford)
    · Champ Race Ready 7qt Baffled Oil Pan
    · AFCO all aluminum Radiator
    · Boyd custom aluminum fuel cell 12 gallons
    Exterior: The exterior is designed to be simple and show off the massive Ford DOHC engine. The front body mounts were cut off, and the grill laid back as far as it would go. The fiberglass body forward of the firewall was chopped off and designed to get all the attention the engine is front and center. The side panels and hood were sacrificed to smooth out the body and fill the body lines where they would normally be. The Atomic Orange Paint is blends things together and the 18” front and 20” rear Boyd Coddington Wheels set off the rest of the package.
    Some more details about the exterior:
    · Atomic Orange Paint
    · 18x8” front 20x10” rear Boyd Coddington Magneto Wheels with custom backspacing
    · Nitto NT05 tires 230/40ZR18 with a massive 315/35ZR20 rear tire
    · 13” Dual Piston Ford Cobra front brakes
    · 13” Ford rear disc brake kit from North Racecars
    · Bassani Stainless Steel rear center exit exhaust
    Suspension: Front inboard KONI coil over shocks and 3 link in the rear with KONI coil over shocks make this thing handle like a race car. With wide Nitto NT05 tires this car is ready for the track or the strip. The 3 link rear keeps the car planted on tight corners and the Koni coil overs give you the adjustability you need. If its cruzin’ you are after the electric power steering makes turning these wide tires easy.
    Some more details about wheels/tires and suspension:
    · Nitto NT05 Tires 230/40ZR18 front 315/35ZR20 rear
    · 13” disc brakes front and rear
    · Wilwood master cylinders and pedal box with balance bar for brake bias adjustment
    · Boyd Coddington Magneto Wheels 18x8” front 20x10” rear. These wheels are billet aluminum and cut specifically for this car.
    · Koni coil over suspension front and rear.
    · Factory Five 3 link rear suspension
    · Vintage Motor Cars 3 link brace kit
    · Ford Racing 8.8 Rear end with Traction Lock and 3.73 Gears
    · Ford Racing 8.8 Differential cover

Electrical: This is one sophisticated car. The electrical harness provided by Ron Francis is connected to and MSD ignition System and Fast EZ EFI ECU. Vehicle security is handled by Digital Guard Dog. You’re not starting this ride without the proximity key fob. Jump in and fire it up!! The lights turn on automatically for both safety and convenience.
    · Ron Francis Chassis Harness
    · Digital Guard Dog Security with Proximity key fob
    · MSD MOD 6 ignition laptop programmable timing curves and advance settings
    · Fast EZ EFI ECU with handheld controller
    · Uni Steer Electric power steering with shut off switch
    · GPS Speedometer
    · Uni Steer steering column with turn signals, hazards, and horn
    · Odyssey Ultra-light weight Battery

FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've seen this beauty up close and personally, feel it is under-priced. It should make it's new owner very happy indeed!

Stack, correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe this car won best engine at last year's FFR open house.

Best of luck with the sale; someone is going to get a killer ride!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That is very nice. The engine is sweet.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    I've seen this beauty up close and personally, feel it is under-priced. It should make it's new owner very happy indeed!

Stack, correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe this car won best engine at last year's FFR open house.

Best of luck with the sale; someone is going to get a killer ride!

It won most innovative design overall. It is way under priced for my friends here. It will get listed on ebay for 40. Attached are some more pics

stack

Last edited by stack; 05-20-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, stunning car. Very impressive design and execution.

Good luck with the sale.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Just in time for summer cruising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stack-

Stunning car! Sorry for the need to sell it, but someone is going to get a beautiful car for a heck of a price!

Good luck with the sale.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Stack,
    Sorry to hear you have to sell your Hot Rod, Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a real bargain.
    I know you are concerned with the sale but I wonder if I could ask a tech question;
    what modifications if any did you have to do to install the Miata seats & what year are they?
    thanks for the info,

Nevin
    Nevin, AKA H. R. Lucky
    33 Hot Rod sn 524 build started 3/18/2013, First Start-5/09/2015, Go Cart-6/01/2015
    5.0 Coyote engine, 9in. Ford rear, 4 Link, Wilwood 12in. front brakes
    AC, power steering, FFR 17/18in. Hot Rod wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this car still for sale? I'm interested in it thanks