Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A question for FiTech EFI users

Post Thanks / Like

A question for FiTech EFI users

I purchased FiTech 30002 back in late April and they say it will ship in mid July. I have not purchased my ignition system as of yet and have a question for those who have a FiTech system.

1) Which ignition system did you go with and which system will control your timing (FiTech or your ignition system)? For what it is worth FiTech suggest a "ready to run" ignition system; however with that ignition system you can not have their system control timing (must have the "box" or two wire distributor for their system to control timing).

New builder/Fast learner myrtille2004's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnew View Post
    I purchased FiTech 30002 back in late April and they say it will ship in mid July. I have not purchased my ignition system as of yet and have a question for those who have a FiTech system.

1) Which ignition system did you go with and which system will control your timing (FiTech or your ignition system)? For what it is worth FiTech suggest a "ready to run" ignition system; however with that ignition system you can not have their system control timing (must have the "box" or two wire distributor for their system to control timing).
    I bought the Fitech also, 30001. Should get it next week. You will need a 2 wires distributor to control your timing, with that system you will not need a MSD 6AL box type. But if you have one, like me, you can use it. My distributor is a MSD for a 302 Ford.

Post Thanks / Like
    Summit makes a ready to run dist that is "lockable"

This is the one I have
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...view/make/ford

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running one of these with the timing advance locked out. Already had an MSD Digital 6AL in the car so I kept it in, but the Fitech handles advance duties quite nicely.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8598/overview/