Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Pump and Level Hitting Bottom of Tank

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Pump and Level Hitting Bottom of Tank

Anyone else with a current generation fuel tank have an issue with both the pump and the level sender units hitting the bottom of the tank when trying to bolt them to the tank? Neither of mine will go all the way down because they hit the bottom before the flange at the top sits flat enough to bolt tight.
    818-S 2.5L Turbo Chassis Number: 404
    Kit Order Date: February 19, 2016 Kit Completion Date: March 19, 2016 Kit Ship Date: March 26, 2016 Build Start Date: April 22, 2016
    Build Thread: Click Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidworks-Mike View Post
    Anyone else with a current generation fuel tank have an issue with both the pump and the level sender units hitting the bottom of the tank when trying to bolt them to the tank? Neither of mine will go all the way down because they hit the bottom before the flange at the top sits flat enough to bolt tight.
    Mike
    My tank is 12" deep. So I had to extend mine.
    I think the FFR tank is 10" (you should verify) Either shorten or bend your assembly.
    Bob

P1050087s4.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob. I have the 10" tank so the little sock filter at the end just gets compressed. The other issue I'm having is the actual rotational location of the round part. As I have it installed in the picture below I actually rotated it counter clockwise 60 degrees in order for it to not interfere inside the tank with the other parts. But now I can't get all the screws in because one doesn't line up. If it's put in to the position as shown in the manual all the screws line up but it collides with the other parts inside the tank. Any suggestions?

Kit Order Date: February 19, 2016 Kit Completion Date: March 19, 2016 Kit Ship Date: March 26, 2016 Build Start Date: April 22, 2016

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I installed mine so the holes were oriented properly, and I adjusted the float arm by bending it out of the way of the other stuff in the tank, while trying to keep it at the same height so as to not affect the reading too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what I had to do. Nothing worked like the way the manual said. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-install-them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    Here is what I had to do. Nothing worked like the way the manual said. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-install-them
    Thanks, I think I'll rotate my level sender like you did.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the level sender since you end up capping of the fluid outlet outside the tank, is there any reason I can't just cut off the pick up that extends to the bottom of the tank and leave just the float and it's pick up? Meaning the little filter sock thing and part of it's tube.

Was thinking about cutting it off right before it makes the turn after the pick up switch

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I cut that pickup off.