Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch adjustment

Can anyone please provide way to adjust clutch for 2003 w r x.
    I am trying to adjust it to raise the pedal. I want it engage lower. Not sure I am explaining it proper.
    Cannot find adjustment instructions
    Thanks in advance
    818S #343 Delivered 5-20-2015
    First Start 10-17-2015
    First Drive 10-17-2017 ( 100 feet back and forth until I can get off driveway)
    First Drive with a non leaking tuned motor 11-12-2015 (wow)
    Passed NJ State constructed inspection 8/30/2016

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if 03 is the same as 07, but if it is, there is very limited adjustment. You can't adjust at the slave side. All you can adjust is at the master side. The pushrod from the pedal to the master is adjustable in length and has a jam nut. You are supposed to adjust it so the pedal has basically a mm or two of free play. The easiest way to adjust it is to simply remove the pin from the pedal and let the pedal rest in the full upright position, even with the brake. If you really want the pedal to be higher or lower, I think there is a stop you can adjust but can't remember for sure. Anyway, with the clutch pedal all the way up, simply lengthen or shorten the pushrod until the hole in the clevis lines up perfectly with the hole in the pedal, so you could insert the pin without having to push or pull on the clutch pedal. Now it's properly adjusted. You really can't have free-play in the pedal because the rod is permanently attached inside the clutch slave.