Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clearance and Parking lamp circuitry - 2002 factory wiring "simplified" for you

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearance and Parking lamp circuitry - 2002 factory wiring "simplified" for you

Looks like this circuit has given more than one builder a run-around. Trying to follow the factory wiring might be why. Attached are two versions of the 2002 Impreza - redrawn to show all the connections on one page. The larger print is more detailed, but more tortuous by necessity - so it can show every connection (if I didn't miss any) in the area of interest. Not planning on doing clearance lights so far on my 818S-3.0 project (going to Wareham late July to pick up). But thought I'd draw this in case others can be helped.

The second drawing is somewhat simpler but still shows the paths. This one is easier to follow. You can see at the top area the ignition switch role in providing the Illumination & Parking relay a 12V connection to the battery. To the right the Lighting Switch and ECM control of the relay. To the left the Parking switch role in using or bypassing the relay. At the bottom the lights in question.

Seemed like a useful "give back" to the community to take time to trace and draw this up.

How you wire your project - well you still have to determine that - but at least you can see how the factory is using all this stuff a little easier.

Any one finds a goof(s) - please let me know and i'll update. Again 2002 is all I looked at for this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovzjvauqyz...ailed.bmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k87p2cmiai...ified.bmp?dl=0

You'll want to have the factory wiring section to refer to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool idea to combine the pages. This is a great document. Nicely done!
    Frank - Build thread