Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cindy and Mike's Building thread

Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing a great job! Good progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's looking good! I can't quite tell from the photo, but I hope you have not permanently riveted the back panel of the cockpit or the floor of the trunk into place. As you install the rear end, the wiring, the brake lines, etc, you are really going to want to have access from all angles to this area. I hope that I am just being overly paranoid!! Keep up the good work.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE:

preparing the car for the lizard skin i was little sad to have to sand down my "3 days" of primer-painting, but oh well, at
    least didn't have to sand down my freshly done powder coated interior like Mr. E. :P
    supose to receive the material this next Monday, lets hope for the bestpreparing.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    It's looking good! I can't quite tell from the photo, but I hope you have not permanently riveted the back panel of the cockpit or the floor of the trunk into place. As you install the rear end, the wiring, the brake lines, etc, you are really going to want to have access from all angles to this area. I hope that I am just being overly paranoid!! Keep up the good work.
    Hey Jazzman,
    thank you for your tip!
    actually i DID the back panel of the cockpit about a week ago and yesterday i had to remove the rivets to be able to install the upper part for the trunk (battery area), regarding the trunk floor, as today is already in place and ready to receive the lizard treatment, BUT, the brake lines, as well as the electrical ones are already in place, i am still waiting for the correct rear axle to arrive but all in all is ready for a smooth installation, so, wish me luck and hopefully will not finish saying really bad words to my self, jejejeje

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 6t8dart View Post
    You are doing a great job! Good progress.
    Thank you Sr.!
    Wife and I trying our best, jejeje

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mike and Cindy-

Looking good y'all. I have to say how much I like the baby's nursery! You have her set up very nicely, and I am sure she will be comfortable in there.

I like the black panels, they look great.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Steve
    Well, thank you very much Steve,
    we do hope "the baby" will find its chambers comfortable, jejejejeje
    and yes, the black panels makes a nice touch not even to mention will help the metal to stay in good condition longer.

have a great day and thank you for the comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    prep01.jpgprep02.jpgprep03.jpg

Today (Monday 11th July) we are hopping to get the Lizard Skin, so car is prepared and ready to be done, floor is covered (I messed up the flooring when painting the panels black, and that is not a good thing specially with the wife) and my mini fridge have a "full" 6 pack for post-celebration... everything is ready!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good. You're going to want to put down some more covering than that before you start spraying, including on the walls. Otherwise, you're going to find little black specks on everything. And you'll be amazed how far they travel! Ask me how I know.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Looking good. You're going to want to put down some more covering than that before you start spraying, including on the walls. Otherwise, you're going to find little black specks on everything. And you'll be amazed how far they travel! Ask me how I know.

jajajajaja you bet.

yes, yes, but, i have a secret weapon: The wife!, armed with cardboards (already at hand)
    to do a "wall" as i spray.

will post pictures after the job completion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Its 6:20pm 11th of July
    we just finished the first coat for sound control

looking goodfirst coat sound control.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    right after we finish to apply the lizard "heat shield coat" still drying
    tomorrow will start with the dashboard

lizard01.jpglizard02.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    rear exle.jpg

FINALLY!!

yesterday we got the right rear axle (4" wider than the original one)
    and got it installed, this weekend is going to be very interested, we hope to have the gas tank, rear brakes and dashboard done
    also, tomorrow we have a show car that we will attend with the 350R.
    Looking forward for the end of the day

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike and Cindy-

Looking good y'all. I have to say how much I like the baby's nursery! You have her set up very nicely, and I am sure she will be comfortable in there.

I like the black panels, they look great.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Steve
    Hey Steve;

Please don't think we are uncourteous, haven't seeing your post until today

thank you very much for the good comments, have a great day!

Mike y Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today i got a picture from Blue Print saying this is my engine/transmision and will be shipped middle of next week!
    guess we have lots to take care now before the engine arrives

engine.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Guys!!

Finally i am doing an update into our thread...
    lets see.....

got issues again with ff, requested the headers though them and got the long ones instead of the shorties, funny fact a day or two before they told me to get the "shorties" in the first place, now i have to pay 15% re-stock fee for their error, anyhow, now 'bout the car,
    for electrical harness will say its about 95-99% done from the top of my mind only the radiator to get connected BUT, we ordered the upgraded "full enclosure" from breeze, think is money well spend, because in that particular area (talking about the full kit) you can tell FFR was very very cheap
    for their installation hardware (just 4 metal supports) not even a proper panel box.
    the installation for the fuel pump (fuel injection) took some brains to find what i think is the right location, remember, the pump needs to sit lower than the gas tank.. will upload a picture in the future, but suffice to say i got it installed on the main frame for the chassis, the fuel lines, after long consideration decided to build them my self using hard lines (supposedly more efficient) using 3/8 pipe, i just think the ones you can find on line are very expensive, and again the FFR provided ones are incomplete (for fuel injection)
    TIP: the approach i did for the electrical systems was instead of seeing them as a whole i resolve them as "individuals" meaning just focus in one or two thing at the time, and will be surprised to see how much you advanced at the end, it happened to me, when i got into the electrical part, i stopped for 3 weeks too scared to even tried, now i am about a week before the first "crank" test... if my car doesn't burn to the ground then my theory is proved
    i think i didn't get the hazard switch so just ordered one trough amazon.
    things to dobefore first test:
    gas lines
    oxygen sensor-headers
    radiator
    hazard signals

engine02.jpgcar.jpgdashboard.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Some great progress! Engine looks good in its new home.

I agree that the electrical can be intimidating. I am not done with mine yet, and there's been all kinds of head scratching!

I look forward to hearing your first start. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike-

Some great progress! Engine looks good in its new home.

I agree that the electrical can be intimidating. I am not done with mine yet, and there's been all kinds of head scratching!

I look forward to hearing your first start. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Steve
    Steve-

Thanks for the cheering words; yes, the electrical IS intimidating, but also have some sort of a halo from where you finished something and you see lights and stuff happening it feels really nice, if you know what I'm saying.
    Good luck to you also and if you need any piece of advice that I can help you with feel free to ask me. I think I'm almost done just waiting to install the oxygen sensor and that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    we got the car up and running last weekend, including alignment and brakes tuneup, at this point trying to register it.. but runs great (already cruise couple hours last Sunday) and can't be more happy!!!!

red.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Great thread.
    I'm guessing there are a lot of guys looking in the mirror and practicing the pitch, "hey Honey, I was thinking that for our anniversary this year, we should try to spend some quality time together. Maybe, ahh, I don't know, build a Cobra......"

What are you doing for your next anniversary?
    -Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12