Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: These can't be the right electrical pins for these connectors.... are they?

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like

These can't be the right electrical pins for these connectors.... are they?

This is what FFR sent me for the front turn signals. The pins do not fit into the connector housing all the way. The fit part of the way but are too big to fit all the way in. There is a lacking tab in the connector housing but it is not what is preventing these from going in further. I've even used a small screwdriver to bend the locking tab out of the way and it doesn't make a difference.

Does this picture look like what you received and successfully used?

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answered my own question..... again. The terminal pins they sent me as shown in the pic above are not the right pins for the connector. I rummaged through the remains of my old donor wiring harness and was able to de-pin a few of the correct terminals and use them in these new connector housings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ffr has never been able to supply the correct number type of pins for most of there connectors on the 818. Someone really needs to help the shipping department. They would save a bunch of money by doing things correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    Ffr has never been able to supply the correct number type of pins for most of there connectors on the 818. Someone really needs to help the shipping department. They would save a bunch of money by doing things correctly.
    They've sent me a handful of things I needed because they sent the wrong stuff and they sent me a handful of things I didn't need (and never asked for) because they mixed things up.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports