Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: All hail the Traveling Builder

Post Thanks / Like

All hail the Traveling Builder

Dec 2015 I was 3 years into my 33 build. First 1 1/2 years went well with a rolling chassis and drive train. Unfortunately some health issues slowed progress. So I decided to sell it for whatever I could get and put an ad on the site. Several hours passed and got a call from Mark Dougherty (Traveling Builder) and he and his son Brendan came the next day. I pulled the ad and decided to continue with Brendan running the show and doing the heavy lifting.
    As of today the car is titled and ready to roll.

Couldn't have done it without the Doughertys. Recommend them highly.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, aren't you glad you didn't sell it

I too highly recommend the traveling builder(s). They are great at what they do, a pleasure to have around and to work with.
    I brought him in on my second build and wow what a difference in speed and quality compared to my first build.
    He literally swoops into town, works his magic, and when he leaves you have a masterpiece in the garage.

Now that Im "done" I still am making a list of things he can change in the future / modify.

Mike M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Huge vote of confidence from me as well. I know nothing about cars, but time was my limiting factor, not willingness to learn. Having Mark and Brendan come over is a great thing. They set me up to be successful on the build. They'd get all the tools and parts ready, show me where and how to put it together, then just let me get on with it whilst they were getting the next job ready. They'd either do the other side of the car whilst I did the other, or take on a corner and show me what it needs to look like when done and then leave me to it - all whilst just moving the build forward.

Parts don't fit - not problem. They make them fit, and make the build better for it, or the fabricate parts so it does fit.

I'd never get it done if it wasn't for the Dougherty's. They taught me when I wanted to be taught, did it when I wanted it done, and helped me when two people would get it done faster.

I'm confident that my car is well built, safe, and reliable.

Martin
    Previous forum name was "Fezzek"

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Mike,
    Enjoy the ride!