Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Wanted - Trade for Lotus Esprit

Post Thanks / Like

818 Wanted - Trade for Lotus Esprit

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

On the Hot Rod magazine Power Tour a couple weeks ago I saw and fell in love with the Factory Five 818 Coupe. There is something about the car that pushed all my buttons and makes me want one if a very bad way. After sitting in the car and watching it drive by at the end of each show, I have to have one. The only problem is, I've already got a mid-engines sports car in the garage. I'm willing to trade my very nice and reliable sports car for an 818 project or completed car. This is what I've got:

1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo
    40th Anniversary Edition #62 out of 88 units.
    Turbocharged 2.2 Liter DOHC engine, 55k miles

Restored and conservatively modified for function and reliability. Megasquirt-2 computer with MAF and MAP calibration, wideband oxygen sensor, and LS9 Bosch fuel injectors. Original mechanical fuel injection was removed and a fuel rail and sensors were added. Stock underhood appearance with high level of fit and finish. Runs and drives like the high performance 1989-1993 Special Edition Esprits.

Monotube coilover suspension and adjustable spring perches with increased spring rate. Rides smoothly and tracks straight at stock or lowered ride heights. Canyon carving, on the ground, or stock ride height, adjust to suit your preference. Larger wheels and tires easily fit. The rear axle already has spacers for 1989 and newer wheels.

Restored and rebuilt over the past five years including engine, transmission, fuel system, and suspension. A great car and a very nice driver that gets looks and draws a crowd everywhere it goes. Fits in with the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Panteras, and other exotic supercars at car shows. Last registered in Texas. Currently stored in my garage near Los Angeles, CA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you end up trading?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car. My Z looks exactly like the one in your picture.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI https://bringatrailer.com/2017/05/15...h-anniversary/
    It was sold
    I wanted to buy it and as soon as he found out I had the 818 , he wanted to trade and so nothing happened.
    Last edited by mac1; 12-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.