I have been struggling for a week to try and align the driver's side door. The passenger door went in just fine with just some minor adjustment at the front. However the driver's door has been a beast. The area around the latch now looks like swiss cheese. First, the back of the door aligns top to bottom just fine. The front has been impossible. Tonight after several more hours of frustration I removed the door and examined the sub-frame. When I put a square on the lower tube near the vertical bar at the hinge, the frame tilts to the inside about 1/2 inch. I can see where the bars are poorly aligned in this area. You can also see the down-sloping bar turns to the inside door edge. Because of this rear alignment issue, the front upper corner of the door kicks out and the bottom front corner turns in. I can get it close but not where I want it to be.
I checked my other door and am off about 1/8" vertical at the hinge bolt area.

Now for the solutions. I can heat the front vertical plate which the latch plate bolts to and bend it a bit at an opposite angle for more door adjustment. I will install power windows shortly and may find that I still have mounting problems with this first solution. Secondly, I can notch the vertical riser and the angled down-slope bar, apply some heat to the opposite welded side and try to bend the bars closer to perpendicular. I can also separate these bars and re-weld. Or I can call FFR and order a new part or beg for a free one..

Any suggestions? And can someone check out their inner door support frame angles for plumb to the lower square tube. Thanks in advance.

Bob G