Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Final Version Of Gen II Rear Hatch Louvers Now Available

Post Thanks / Like

Final Version Of Gen II Rear Hatch Louvers Now Available

I got the hint that you guys were not happy with the split in the middle of my last version, so I spent some time today getting rid of that and pretty much starting over. These will come as bare alum, and shipped flat as the majority of my alum products have always been.

Unlike my past products, these are the first parts I've designed from scratch to be cut on my plasma table. My goal of building this table was to be able to have more control over the price and availability of all of my aluminum parts. As with most things in life, there are some trade-offs. While I will admit that these are not quite as cleanly cut as the laser and water-jet parts I've had made, I will say that between water-jet and plasma, there's really not that much difference......I'd say the cut quality of my plasma table is over 90% as good as the waterjet parts I've been getting from my suppliers, with the only real difference being a bit of a rough edge here and there on the backside of each part. Being aluminum, the majority of these rough edges are easily cleaned up with a pocket-knife or a few quick strokes of a sanding disc on an angle grinder. Just for an example, I have about 7 minutes in "clean-up" on the part you see in the photos above which includes taking a popsicle stick covered with 180 grit paper to smooth out the top visible edges of the louver blades.

So with that said, I can happily anounce that for many of my future products like this, in spite of you having to take a few minutes to smooth the edges, I can offer these at far lower prices than I could have previously. These Gen II Hatch Louvers will be $42 plus shipping. I'm guessing that if I had my previous water-jet suppliers cut this for me, the price would be about double that! Ready to take orders now. Easiest way to order is to email me at the email address in the "Contact" tab of my website. Let me know where you're located so I can get an accurate shipping quote for you. Thanks!

PS....yes, I will try to get a "matching" panel drawn up for the solid body area directly behind the hatch soon. It will be different than this part, but will be made to "compliment" the Hatch Louvers.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane, as usual very nice work. When you finish the other one put me down for one of each.

Hugo

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    great product , great price!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shane...More great work! Would you consider putting together a Gen II louver "kit" (rear deck, hatch, sides and grille)? Definitely interested.

Also, not sure how it would look, but have you thought about modified exhaust panels? The supplied mesh is OK, but options are always good.

Karl
    GTM #362
    Last edited by kaloper; 06-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm planning on coming up with something for the exhaust. As far as a "louver package" .......first I have to get the individual louvers designed. :-)
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts