Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where did you buy your wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you buy your wheels?

Trying to look around for some cool 17 x 10.5 and 17 x 9 wheels for my MK4. Where did you buy yours???? and do you have a picture???
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been very happy working with Bob at Vintage Wheels. I've purchased three sets of 15" pin drives from him. They have the larger sizes that you're interested in too. I was happy to hear that they're not cast in China.

Kerry P
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're looking for the typical 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels, but maybe not the classic Halibrand look, any of the late-model Mustang vendors carry various designs. I have the "FR500" Mustang wheels in gray center from American Muscle. They have painted, chrome, black chrome, etc. in various Mustang and Mustang tuner variants...

HTH...
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    If you're looking for the typical 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels, but maybe not the classic Halibrand look, any of the late-model Mustang vendors carry various designs. I have the "FR500" Mustang wheels in gray center from American Muscle. They have painted, chrome, black chrome, etc. in various Mustang and Mustang tuner variants...

HTH...
    Mark
    Thanks for the site. I like your wheels and I also like the Bullitts in the gunmetal.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try oewheelsllc.com. They have several styles/sizes for Mustangs, as well as many other cars. Mine are from there, 17 x 9/10.5 anthracite bullitts.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    These are 18x10 in rear, and 18x9 in front
    If you are interested let me know I will PM you the site.. not a vendor (yet).
    FFR 7207 4.6 DOHC, partial donor
    2003 Mach1 running gear, 3:55 rear
    ABS, Hydroboost power steering & brakes

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/gtfireftr/MK4/

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are Team III's

DSC04062.jpgDSC04067.jpg

Team III - Fully Polished bolt on's. 17 X 9 in the front and 17 X 10.5 in the rear. Team III gives excellent service and what was supposed to take 6-8 weeks only took three.
    I did have to use a 1/8 inch spacer up front to clear my front brake calipers. Team III is located in Northern California so you can probably subtract a week of shipping time, mine took a full week to get to the east coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyWinner View Post
    Trying to look around for some cool 17 x 10.5 and 17 x 9 wheels for my MK4. Where did you buy yours???? and do you have a picture???
    Dude, Aren't you getting a 15th anniversary car? I thought they all came with special 15th anna. wheels?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    Dude, Aren't you getting a 15th anniversary car? I thought they all came with special 15th anna. wheels?
    Long story short, I have to (but very happy about it) take care of my Grandkids for awhile, so I needed to get a family lawyer, airtickets, beds, ect. so I had to give it up. Still very happy, I have a MK4 that I won and my Grandkids that I love staying with me. One is a 12 year old boy and we are both very excited about building it together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another satisfied OE Wheels customer. Decent product, cheap money, good service.

This particular style is available with a black, anthricite, silver or white center as well as fully polished and chrome. They have a wide selection of Bullits, Cobra R, FR500 and Saleen styles also.

BTW, the style pictured above WILL clear the hub and dust cap with Fox/Lincoln rotors; Bullits and FR500s will NOT.

Although I haven't seen them in person Gordon Levy has wheels of his own available now so be sure to check with him too.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky, sorry to hear you've had to "throttle back" to the original plan, but, when it comes between a four-wheel toy and family, family alway wins hands down in my book. Good on you and once your Mk 4 is done and you're behind the wheel you'll forget all about the extra 15th anniversary stuff...

Stay safe!
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks Mustang Man...and your right!!!! So if Im getting the rotors that come with the full kit up front and the 12.19" Wilwoods that FFR sells in back will I be OK with the 17" OE Wheels Bullitt rims?

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the bullitts and what F5 gives you, I did the basic 5 lug upgrade up front using the stock calipers on my own. No hub or dustcap interference, no problems, bolted right on.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a set of OE Bullitts on my car before the Team III's and they fit fine. The spoke is curved outward so you should have no caliper clearance issues. The guy who owned the car before me actually had tow different sets of OE wheels. The first set he had was like the ones in Jeff's picture above. His were fully polished.

Post Thanks / Like
    call Richard Oben a North Racecars, I spoke to him in detail since I have a slightly different front suspension, He was able to get the back spacing perfect. No rub in front or rear.
    CLASS OF 2009 # 79 FFR MK 3.1, # 6898, Complete kit arrived 02/07/09, roller 03/30/09, first start 07/14/09, Registered 10/14/09, PPG Orange Glow over Sterling silver,427W Kieth Kraft (561hp)

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/rscocca/

Post Thanks / Like
    Front Wheels

Rear Wheels

Another angle for good luck :P

These were through Factory Five, when I ordered my MKIV Complete Kit, I would assume they can still get them?