Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question on Type 65 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Question on Type 65 Coupe

Hello. Contemplating buying the Type 65 coupe. Is there anyone on here that has titled one of these in Ohio? Ive read our states guidelines, but looking for someone who has hands on experience actually getting it titled. Wondered how much hassle it is in Ohio. I've done street rods before and it gets pretty ridiculous. Thank you for any responses.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Studebaker396 View Post
    Hello. Contemplating buying the Type 65 coupe. Is there anyone on here that has titled one of these in Ohio? Ive read our states guidelines, but looking for someone who has hands on experience actually getting it titled. Wondered how much hassle it is in Ohio. I've done street rods before and it gets pretty ridiculous. Thank you for any responses.
    Are you planning on building or buying one already done? If the car has been built and titled in another state it should be an easy transfer. If you are building one then hopefully another builder in your area can help you out. I build them here in Florida , title them here and then the buyer does the rest at his or her state in a transfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Building

Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Are you planning on building or buying one already done? If the car has been built and titled in another state it should be an easy transfer. If you are building one then hopefully another builder in your area can help you out. I build them here in Florida , title them here and then the buyer does the rest at his or her state in a transfer.
    Going to build one. The inspection process is very tough in Ohio for self assembled vehicles. Hope someone will reply that has gone through the process. Thanks

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck. They are a lot of fun to build and the type 65 is awesome. Check out the one I built.
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for CACrum on the other forum. He has a finished car in Ohio.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to a map of Coupe owners.

Also, the "other" forum has a forum on Insurance and registration questions.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=117342
    Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio Inspection

I had my coupe inspected at the Columbus patrol post on Alum Creek Dr. In 2012. After making an appointment for the inspection I had to go to my local DMV and pay for a permit to get the inspection. I believe the permit would allow you to drive your vehicle to and from the inspection. I did not have insurance so that was not an option for me. It was trailered there and unloaded at the inspection area.
    Make sure you have your receipts for all of the components on your car. They were very thorough going over those. I had made a notebook listing all components separately. Factory Five kit,motor-transmission,etc. Mine wasn't a donor build and there were only a few parts from a salvage yard. I did have all receipts for these.
    When they were satisfied that nothing was stolen and taxes due Ohio were totaled I had to wait for the VIN tag to be issued. They notify you when it is ready and then you have to return to the inspection facility to install the VIN there. They have a DMV located at that facility so I was able to get my title done there. Titled as an Assembled Vehicle. Hope this helps
    Jim