Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bobs budget Build #216 7/20/16

Post Thanks / Like

Bobs budget Build #216 7/20/16

Hi all thought i would start a thread .i may regret it later as this is something new for me.however with all the help reading from builds over the last few weeks maybe this might end up helping someone some day.

I purchased a used project #216 drove to Nashville and picked it up last Tuesday.Donor is an 02 Mustang GT 4.6 and 8.8 with a tremec transmission.Not my first choice but ill live with it as all documentation needed for the Ohio State patrol is included for titleing

First thing i did is printed out the packing list and tagged each box with only the items in the box and marked the box number on all sides.
    then sorted the boxed with what i will be needing for the frame in one garage and the later stuff out of the way.

cleaned the dust off everything ,pressure washed the engine/body in placed it in the work area Oh and set some pillows in the drivers seat and acted like a 9 year old for a minute

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob
    Welcome to the 33 builders family. Your chassis number likely makes it early enough that it had 2 master cylinders the same size. You should E-mail Jim Schenck at ff and ask him what changes have been made since your kit was produced. IIRC he will suggest dropping the rear master from 3/4 to 5/8 and he may have more suggestions as well based on model changes to date. The A-arm bushings may be different etc. so talk to him and se what improvements have ben made. Enjoy the build.

Dale Berry 33HR #431 with a 6pack on a 7 litre 3rd gen Hemi stroker

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and post away, we like pics and do not all get things right the first time. Always looking to see how other people do things.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an adventure!

Post Thanks / Like
    good start Bob, don't assume anything was done right and use the opportunity to learn

Post Thanks / Like
    looking for advice.got some major purchases ahead going with Holley HP EFI NTK system,also need to do wheels/tires got them picked out want to purchase so i quit looking my head is spinning from looking .also got to get a Boyds EFI tank .just bought some stuff from mike like fan shroud and inner panel.
    Question looks to me like i can preassemble some components like radiator /grill/condenser and eliminate a bunch of boxes.kind of confusing having hardware for these scattered in different boxes.
    also headlight assemblies any reason i cant do this or is there other things i can do so when im ready i can just bolt them on?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it on my Roadster, pre-assembling modules helps a bit, so does putting parts of a type in bins, or bags, or grouping them by assembly. When I first got my kit and did the inventory, I put all the suspension components on the floor either in front or behind the frame, then assembled them, it got rid of a lot of boxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it on all 4s and purchased the Langley rear fenders .I got the Steering column in .I think after reading much to do with body fitment.Im going to mount grille /hood. Center everything and get a reference point to install the firewall to..Looks like the firewall placement is critical to solving some issues down the road..Also looking into louvers for the fenders to get the hot air out.Next up footboxes, firewall, and steering shafts
    also picked up a roadster windshield

firston4s.jpg

IMG_2680.JPG
    Last edited by bobbybuick; 09-09-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are those Z28 louvers? Looks like a good fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by bobbybuick; 10-02-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fenders look awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Z28 louvers are out due to curvature. Going with these .....also got the firewall on ,Tapped about 75 fasteners 10/32 stainless.Now putting steering shaft in and dont know if i need to cut all 3 or what the manuals show different lengths and mine are the old onesThomas QueenFeather Carbon in VA 7576306759.jpg14517604_10210792106982676_5837337680440823760_n.jpg14484934_10210792106942675_287359217428540605_n.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Bobby,
    where did you get the rear fenders? They really look nice on the Hot rod.

thanks,
    Nevin
    Nevin, AKA H. R. Lucky
    33 Hot Rod sn 524 build started 3/18/2013, First Start-5/09/2015, Go Cart-6/01/2015
    5.0 Coyote engine, 9in. Ford rear, 4 Link, Wilwood 12in. front brakes
    AC, power steering, FFR 17/18in. Hot Rod wheels