Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: turbo gauge

Post Thanks / Like

turbo gauge

So now I need to connect the turbo gauge, and I did not take a picture of where the hose was connected to, before I took apart the donor.

I plugged it into something attached to the intercooler but the gauge goes negative when I rev the engine.

Is this correct, as I have never seen a turbo gauge and I did not drive the donor before taking it apart?

Rob

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are talking about boost gauge, yes it will go negative when you dry rev the engine. The intake manifold is under vacuum most of the time. It won't be until you put a load on the engine by driving it and giving it enough throttle to get the turbo spooled up that you will see that needle come up and move past zero.

The gauge sensor (or tubing, if it's a mechanical gauge) should be installed on the intake manifold anywhere between the throttle body and the cylinder heads.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boost gauge?

It needs to go somewhere on the manifold, after the throttle body (and intercooler.)

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Most people tee off the line going to the BOV, that was the location for the oem optional gauges.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.