Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Automatic Transmission?

Post Thanks / Like

Automatic Transmission?

Am planning the next build. I want to stay with the Coyote engine and solid 8.8, but I want to go automatic transmission (yeah, yeah, keep it to yourself).

I'm looking for assistance in determining the proper components to use and modifications required to chassis, drive-shaft, etc., and any other issues I need to address. I came across this when doing a search:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pma-pass45103

Will it fit with no chassis mods? Will it play nice with the 2015-2016 5.0L COYOTE 435 HP MUSTANG CRATE ENGINE -- M-6007-M50A and controls pack?

Any help out there?

Cheers, Dale
    Last edited by DaleG; 07-25-2016 at 08:02 PM.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done a few AOD builds and we have to cut of some ribs and brackets off the housing to get it to fit.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gordon. Good info. I'll get in touch when the time comes. John from the other forum just mentioned tonite that you had some experience with the issue.

Cheers, Dale
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
    Am planning the next build. I want to stay with the Coyote engine and solid 8.8, but I want to go automatic transmission (yeah, yeah, keep it to yourself).

I'm looking for assistance in determining the proper components to use and modifications required to chassis, drive-shaft, etc., and any other issues I need to address. I came across this when doing a search:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pma-pass45103

Will it fit with no chassis mods? Will it play nice with the 2015-2016 5.0L COYOTE 435 HP MUSTANG CRATE ENGINE -- M-6007-M50A and controls pack?

Any help out there?

Cheers, Dale
    I have plans to install an auto trans/Coyote engine in my new order MK4. Tony informed me with the recommended 4r70w I would need a 3000 rpm minimum stall converter. I noticed the kit you referenced comes with a mid 2000 rpm stall.
    This may be an issue you want to address. Good luck with your project.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like a complete kit, but keep in mind that that trans is an inch longer than an earlier AOD, depending on how the engine sits in relation to a small block Ford, it might get tight for room. AN AOD fits with just a few tabs cut off, as well as some cutting and welding off the A-Frame below. Although, If I were to do it all over, I would leave the A-frame off entirely and just weld a brace and plate to the frame rails for the rear mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks both: will review/address stall converter and A-frame issue. Project is currently on hold; trying to decide whether or not to sell #8075.

Cheers, Dale