Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will I fit in a Type 65 Coupe?

Post Thanks / Like

Will I fit in a Type 65 Coupe?

Hello. I'm a new member living in New Orleans and thinking about buying a complete Type 65 Coupe kit but worried that I may not have enough head or leg room. I'm 6' 5" (215lbs) and mostly legs (inseam 36). Anyone out there my height with a Type 65? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glen View Post
    Hello. I'm a new member living in New Orleans and thinking about buying a complete Type 65 Coupe kit but worried that I may not have enough head or leg room. I'm 6' 5" (215lbs) and mostly legs (inseam 36). Anyone out there my height with a Type 65? Thanks
    OK - I've got you beat on weight, but not height. I'm 6'4" and 290 - I've been to sit in the FFR T65 at FFR headquarters twice before I finally pulled the trigger to get a kit, here's what I can tell you.
    It's going to be very tight, you have an inch on me, and my head (I'm also mostly legs) brushes the roof. Also, you will have issues with long legs and feet, my knees are pretty much against the dash and footbox room is tight if you have long wide feet (size 14 wide for me)
    Getting in and out is um.......impossible to complete gracefully.

NOW - that said, if you have the knowhow or someone who's good with a welder and cutting wheels or plasma torch there are some great modifications out there. User mikemoen has some shots of a seat drop modification that I'm looking into at the moment - as well I'm currently in the stages of rebuilding the footwell and dash locations to effectively move the dash forward.....as moving the seat any further back is pretty tough.

Here's our mods in progress
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...t-box-and-dash

Cheers,
    J

Post Thanks / Like
    You can fit but seat selection and pedal set up is critical. If you want to talk about it please feel free to call me.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Great
    Thanks J
    I'am currently building a restmod 1968 MustangShelby and 1968 Corvette convertible in which I had to redesign the leg wells, adding 5 inches. I figured I would need to customize the Type 65 but I'm more worried about the roof as I don't want to have to create a Dan Gurney top!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gordon
    How do I get your number?
    Glen

Post Thanks / Like
    520-494-2745
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a Type 65 Coupe around the New Orleans region that would allow me to view and sit in their car prior to me starting this project?