FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Grille and Roadster windshield

Post Thanks / Like

New Grille and Roadster windshield

Wow called FFR when i purchased #216 a month ago and ask about purchasing a roadster windshield .The original owner took a 300 credit for it .They quoted me 350.00 .Today called to purchase it and ask about a replacement grille first read it was 450.00 quoted 1200 Ill pass.... next can Ibuy the windshield quoted 700 .went up double in 4 weeks anybody have a contact .guess i should have bought the windshield 4 weeks ago

Post Thanks / Like
    As the car is basically a 33 Ford, there are other options out there. A quick check identified FF pricing to be in line with some of the other suppliers. Check out this link for one "http://www.alumicraft.com/index.php/1933-34-ford". At the original prices, they might have been getting orders from Hot Rodders.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some differences between the grill for the FFR 33 and other 33-34 Fords. If you want to go another route, make sure your radiator and condenser (if using a/c) will mount, it will mount to the frame with the FFR brackets, body fitment, headlight mounting, etc. You might have to modify/fab all of that and more. Jim S. did say they scanned an original grill when designing the car, but these pieces are made specifically for this car, they're not off the shelf grills.

Same with the windshield, it's specific to this car, the car is wider than an original Ford, so you might not be able to use another windshield frame without modifications.

Good luck on your search.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive made up my mind to live with the grille i have.The windshild i will just see if i can get one i may have someone local also checking it out