Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newby Aussie 65 coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Newby Aussie 65 coupe

Hi all,
    I'm Gav and have been lurking around here for the last couple of weeks.
    I live in Mildura, Victoria, Australia, which is a relatively small country town on the Murray river. We grow a lot of citrus, grapes and almonds here.
    I am waiting for my coupe to be completed so I can get it freighted over here and get stuck into it. Courtnie sent me some build photos of my chassis in the jig this week, so that was excellent.
    The coupe will be my second build, my first was a 427 cobra replica that ran a 7ltr LS motor. Unfortunately it and myself where extensively damaged in a racing incedent a few months back and while I fixed up just fine the car has been moved on and sold as part of an insurance claim. (I didn't want it back either)
    Anyway I love tinkering in my workshop and wanted another project car, realised I hate rust so thought another kit was the way to go, safety however is a major concern, so a car with a roll cage was going to be required. I have always loved the shape of the coupes so my choice was a no brainer.
    I still have the 7ltr, along with a 6spd trans so this will motorvate my coupe.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better
    Gav

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome; you should have a good time building the thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gav,
    Braden from Perth WA here. I'm thinking of building the 65 Coupe and was wondering how you are going.
    What was the cost of importing your Kit and are there any issues with customs and emission issues. I'm looking at the full 65 Kit and wondering about importing an engine etc for it as well.
    Any advice or thoughts from you would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Braden