Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vendor Specific Thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Vendor Specific Thread?

This, as written in a thread on the "other" forum:

"No offense taken at all.

Guess I just kinda have to chuckle cause I knew what you meant before you stated it. On the flip side, it seems that frequently I read people talking about something that is an issue, yet we have, as a small community, talked about it extensively, or some of us, like myself, Shane, Ted, and others, have even decided to offer "fixes" to others, yet no matter how much it is talked about previously, our stuff doesn't seem to come up in the newer posts by some of the newer posters.

I don't want to be overbearing on this stuff, but at the same time, I would like to help others out, and getting some needed couple $$ for the GTM-R build is always nice too. So just trying to inform without over doing, but there is definitely a balance.

It would be good if there was a vendor section specifically for the various cars on this forum. Like a GTM vendor place, or a 33 Hotrod vendor place, etc. We, as vendors, could that way have a place where we list our items, and, at the very minimum help us vendors in not having to repeat things over and over again. We could just link to the thread that talks about the solution here on the forum...instead of a link to the website. Why would this be better? Well, IMHO, because this is where the audiance is, and this is interactive as compared to a vendor website.

Just an idea."

www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I should add, that this is NOT a request for a vendor sponsored area like on some of the "other" forums where the vendor is in complete control of what is said in the threads. I stand by my products and can deal with people that have questions, comments, etc in a constructive way. I don't feel the need to have to be able to edit what people say about the products my company offers, so that is not what this is about. It's more of a request, if others think it is a good idea also, at, once again, helping the newer builders out with finding information easily and quickly.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. much simpler and benifits both parties.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Crash, are you talking about a THREAD that is solely about a vendor and his products, Or a model-based sub forum (GTM vendors, for example) where all the topics relate to a specific model and the vendors who support it?

Just trying to get a clear picture of what you're requesting...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Crash, are you talking about a THREAD that is solely about a vendor and his products, Or a model-based sub forum (GTM vendors, for example) where all the topics relate to a specific model and the vendors who support it?

Just trying to get a clear picture of what you're requesting...

I think it could be done with just a stickied "Vendor XYZ" thread. Sure the sub forum thing would be nice, but really I don't know of maybe one vendor that has enough items to make that worth while(Shane). The other few of us, I believe, would be more than happy with just an area where we can post what we have for sale and in a format where it just doesn't get lost in the history quickly. Don't know if it would get messy quickly with general forum sponsors wanting space or not, but I had in mind more of the small, niche, vendors that cater to a specific model of FFR car doing this?

It was just a thought I have had over the last few months after posting over and over again, essentially the same info in threads. This just seems like it would be easier from a users POV, and the comment by one of the posters in another thread has prompted me to present this idea, without fully detailing the nuts and bolts of how it should be executed, as I really haven't thought that far ahead. Just kinda throwing this out there to see if we can make something of it, or if it's even something that is wanted.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts