Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: New Electric Power steering kit for the roadster- Pricing updates

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Electric Power steering kit for the roadster- Pricing updates

UPDATE FOR THIS SPRING

As I continue to work with my EPS unit provider, we've had to make some adjustments here from the home base in California. Taxes, Liability, etc have caused us to increase the pricing on the kit to $699 Shipped Starting May 1st. SO, if you're at home during this crazy time, and are looking to add EPS, the price will remain the same $650 until May 1st. Please go to https://www.epowersteering.com/purch...factoryfivemk4 and enter the coupon code "33Machine" to receive the discount.

As always, you get a full year warranty, free shipping, and continued support for installation.

Hey gang,

I've done some engineering work and decided to offer an electric power steering kit for the small block Roadster MK3 and MK4 with small block motors. Sorry but it will not fit with the big blocks or coyotes.

What sets this unit apart from other power steering is that it's adjustable via potentiometer knob in the cockpit. You can dial up the assist for around town and autocross, or turn it completely off for the freeway and road course.

Install- It will require you to cut the current steering shaft and have the splined couplers welded on. But the welding is not a big job. Just take it to a shop. The custom bracket can be fitted and then welded, and then bolted or welded onto the frame. It will come raw so you can finish how you like after drilling or welding. Location is in front of the headers and not close to the firewall for three reasons- Heat, ease of installation, and space. I've got it installed on the 289 and it's just fantastic. I've tested with power rack from Autozone and the stock Uni-steer rack that comes with the kit. Both work great.

Pricing is $650 shipped anywhere in the US for the entire kit.

If you're thinking, "well I could go to the junkyard and get a used one much cheaper, well yes: there is always that, however like most things, getting used gear gets us on the road cheaper but we end up paying for it sooner or later. Like rear ends, transmissions, engines, .... This includes everything you need to get it right the first time!

***Currently only available for the MK3 and MK4 with small block motors.*** .

Here's what comes with the kit:

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.35.24 PM.png

Rebuilt EPS Unit- 1 year warranty with customer support
    Custom water jetted adjustable mounting bracket
    Separate ECU
    Two weld on couplers
    Input Shaft Modification EPS Controller
    Adjustment Knob
    2 Electric Plugs
    Block-off Plate
    50/60 Amp Fuse and Fuse Holder
    Dust Boot
    Instructions

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.36.42 PM.png

Please just email me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions.
    Last edited by ehansen007; 03-30-2020 at 08:03 PM.

2. Likes Donkeyteeth liked this post