Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heat Insulation?

Post Thanks / Like

Heat Insulation?

I've seen a lot of posts reffering to heat mats etc. for the interior, just wondering if there are any issues or concerns w/ heat under the hood, I'm running hood and side panels and i have cut in some vents but am worried about heat from headers affecting painted panels.

Ang

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the FFR insulation kit on the way. Has any one gotten one, and how is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI...... After a 1 hr. run(in bright sunlight) w/outside air temp @ 80 degrees.I shot the top of the Cobra hood w/a digital laser heat gun.Temp. reading was 120 Degrees.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the FFR Sound Damping kit ( black dense self adhesive sheets) and the Sound/Heat Insulation kit ( grey self adhesive foam sheets). They included instructions separate from the manual and show that the kits should be installed early on in assembly with the floor sheet metal and fire wall installed with little else. Of course I failed to read and appreciate these until my car was driveable making it impossible to apply many sections of the kits esp. behind the dash without disassembly. The Sound Damping Kit went in well but the Sound/Heat kit was sparse, enough just for the trans tunnel and firewall.

Take away lesson-- read all instructions.