Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ecoboost Dry Sump coming in December.

Post Thanks / Like

Ecoboost Dry Sump coming in December.

Sneak peak. Not much to look at, but it's being released in December. Unknown price as of yet. I have been told it will work on both 2.0L and 2.3L Ecoboost motors. It will have an integrated scavenge pump. Clearance should be really good.

Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad,
    You must have some nice inside contacts to get the early image on the ecoboost dry sump.

Will the 2.3L OEM oil pan bolt to the 2.0L?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't hold your breath, they tend to delay stuff for a while. But a dry sump isn't rocket surgery. Pan and bracket can be made and pumps are readily available. The control pack for the 3.5 is a year late even though they showed it at SEMA last year. BTW I think the ecm on the ford control pack can be tweaked. Not sure what you would need to get your 275 hp but I don't think much. How is the length going to turn out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Clary View Post
    Don't hold your breath, they tend to delay stuff for a while. But a dry sump isn't rocket surgery. Pan and bracket can be made and pumps are readily available. The control pack for the 3.5 is a year late even though they showed it at SEMA last year. BTW I think the ecm on the ford control pack can be tweaked. Not sure what you would need to get your 275 hp but I don't think much. How is the length going to turn out?
    This is not Ford. So holding your breath may not be necessary. I agree, Ford is very slow at releasing this stuff. This is a second party in the Ecoboost racing realm (UK and US). They will have their own ECU than can be tuned, since you really can't mod the motor with the ford engine control pack (Can only use Ford upgrades). They will also be offering crate 2.0 AND 2.3L motors. The oil pan bolt patterns for both 2.0L and 2.3L are the same (not including the bellhousing which is different). They will have a kit for both, I just do not know if it is universal. This dry sump has been tested on the BAC Mono and other professional race applications.

Time will tell, cost is also an unknown. I'm just happy there will be other options. If those options are crazy $, forget it and stick with the Subaru.
    Thanks- Chad

Post Thanks / Like
    I t may not be crazy money if you start that way, I'm sure you could buy the motor and parts for what you have invested in your subie with all the coolers and lost track days, but to add that to the subie expense could be tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Chad,

I am stumped by your sump post.

Are you saying the proposed Ecoboost dry sump will fit a Subaru engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpalm View Post
    Dear Chad,

I am stumped by your sump post.

Are you saying the proposed Ecoboost dry sump will fit a Subaru engine?
    No- a Ford Ecoboost motor.
    Thanks- Chad

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet; thanks for the leak, Chad! It'd be cool to see cost for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The price on a new 2.0 ecoboost is $7000 from summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6007-20t. I imagine the new 2.3L wont be much different if not more. Hard call on if its worth it for the price or not to me. I would assume though it may be worth it for those who are dedicated track endurance maybe. I honestly don't know on the comparability between the two brand new. I would think though for the majority 7k on a motor may be a bit hard to swallow if your just building a street car and can source a good donor motor.

Once they hit the used market though used 2.3L ecoboost might be worth the shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    The price on a new 2.0 ecoboost is $7000 from summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6007-20t. I imagine the new 2.3L wont be much different if not more. Hard call on if its worth it for the price or not to me. I would assume though it may be worth it for those who are dedicated track endurance maybe. I honestly don't know on the comparability between the two brand new. I would think though for the majority 7k on a motor may be a bit hard to swallow if your just building a street car and can source a good donor motor.

Once they hit the used market though used 2.3L ecoboost might be worth the shot!
    You might be able to find them a little lower than that at other places. I recall $5500-$5900 for the 2.0L. I am curious what the 2.3L will be from Mountune. FFR has a 2.3L right now sent to them from Ford.

This will just be another option in motors. I would prefer the Ecoboost because of their reliability. More so track reliability. Your right, makes more sense for track cars.
    Thanks- Chad

Post Thanks / Like
    you will be able to get a junk yard motor soon enough, my 3.5 was 3500 complete with 14k on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Clary View Post
    you will be able to get a junk yard motor soon enough, my 3.5 was 3500 complete with 14k on it
    yup , people crash every day , in LA i could find one now im sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder why they didn't do ford and chevy. instead of ford and the brz motor. chevy has the 2.2l ecotec documented step by step all the way to 750hp ill add a link to the GM ecotec performance build book. they hit 650 hp at 19 psi. The ford ecoboost is only at 500hp with 29psi and they said they dont think the motor would last long at that rate. i hope ford offers the same support and dose a similar test like GM did. If they did does anyone have a link ?

FORD
    http://www.focusrs.org/forum/16-focu...ver-500hp.html

CHEVY
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...racing-series/

Chevy Build Book
    http://members.shaw.ca/warped00/bcjbody/buildbook.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this 900hp 2.3l ecoboost thats running the stock block.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/1510-bisi...ading-to-sema/

Post Thanks / Like
    The Focus ST has the 2.0 liter eco boost and 6 speed manual transmission. It is a fairly popular model. The Fiesta ST has a 1.6 ecoboost and 6 speed manual. The 2.0 ecoboost turbo is in several other ford front drive models. Wonder the 818 will be able to take advantage of the ecoboost front drive transaxles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rkite View Post
    The Focus ST has the 2.0 liter eco boost and 6 speed manual transmission. It is a fairly popular model. The Fiesta ST has a 1.6 ecoboost and 6 speed manual. The 2.0 ecoboost turbo is in several other ford front drive models. Wonder the 818 will be able to take advantage of the ecoboost front drive transaxles?
    I think FFR said that the Ecoboost engine would be coupled to the Subaru transmission.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    It would have to be coupled to some non-transverse transmission. You could use an X-Trac or Hewland

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured I would share this link. Dry sump-
    http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-...tec-p/e063.htm
    Thanks- Chad