Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Funny- Thread on Mustang forum

Post Thanks / Like

Funny- Thread on Mustang forum

I often enjoy reading posts on the different Mustang forums, from time to time. Many of them offer pertinent advice for those running Mustang engines, and/or using donor parts.

Anyways..one fellow posted that he is getting a ticking noise coming from his engine. It speeds up and slows down depending on the rpm, and is still audible when at idle. He was hoping forum members could suggest what he might look for, as to it's cause..

Similar to this forum, several members were quite happy to help. They jumped in with several suggestions as to what it might be. Many suggested exhaust header leaks, the type of gaskets to use, or the best header bolts to use. Some mentioned valve train issues, be it collapsed lifters, broken push rod. Some were concerned he had a broken valve spring, and it was the piston hitting the valve. Others said that a ticking sound is a common trait of the 5.0, and they have driven with the noise for years, and nothing further has developed from it.

So after 20 something posts from people, offering suggestions and ways to check for various things, the OP then asks if a bad oil pump could cause the ticking. The first person to answer him, stated, "If it was a bad oil pump, you would have no oil pressure.."

This was the OP's response, "But I don't have any oil pressure. It reads 0. So do you think it could be a bad oil pump?"

When I read that, I damn near fell out of my chair..

What's strange is that even after he posted that, he continued to receive advice on another half dozen posts, still talking about exhaust leaks and valve issues. Only one fellow actually responded to the zero oil pressure comment with, "If you in fact have no oil pressure; you will definitely have "ticking" lifters. I would start checking a few things before I started it back up."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good one. Reminds me of the Engine Factory giveaway here where the motor was awarded yet people were still adding details to enter the contest

Henry