BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rear cockpit fitting photos, please

Post Thanks / Like

rear cockpit fitting photos, please

Started fitting the waterfall this afternoon. Got about 3 steps in an found myself confused as usual. I tried searching build pages but ran out of luck finding good clear pictures of how this thing is supposed to look. Please direct me to any photos that can clear this up. Thank you all..
    tom

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any photos handi, but the issues I remember are in the lower corners. It is also not clear in the manual how the triple point of doors, roof, and waterfall seal up. I recall " relieving" the lower corners to get the waterfall to push back tight. Due to body flex make sure everything else is fixed in position firmly. I ended up with oval holes in the inner side to allow the inner door sills to " draw in". My roll bar holes somehow just touch the bar in the front now rather than being centered. Everything fiberglass flexes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    I don't have any photos handi, but the issues I remember are in the lower corners. It is also not clear in the manual how the triple point of doors, roof, and waterfall seal up. I recall " relieving" the lower corners to get the waterfall to push back tight. Due to body flex make sure everything else is fixed in position firmly. I ended up with oval holes in the inner side to allow the inner door sills to " draw in". My roll bar holes somehow just touch the bar in the front now rather than being centered. Everything fiberglass flexes.
    Thank you. Thats a start. I see the areas you note and will do what you suggest. Now if someone can send some pictures I may get it figured out. Gotta love the people who wrote this manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy how does your waterfall fit with the padded bolster in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    Started fitting the waterfall this afternoon. Got about 3 steps in an found myself confused as usual. I tried searching build pages but ran out of luck finding good clear pictures of how this thing is supposed to look. Please direct me to any photos that can clear this up. Thank you all..
    tom
    I still haven't gotten any pictures of the way this padded thing is supposed to sit on top of the waterfall/rear deck. My waterfall is cut so short that I cannot install it even with the rear deck without having the padded bolster sit way up in space above the rear deck where the trophy queen sits. 20160826_155258[1].jpg This picture shows how far down on the rear of the body I have to install the waterfall to have enough depth to install the padded bolster... My flange is cut as short as 1.125" from the bulge and Tony at FFR says that's the way they all are. He tells me he had to peel back the fabric and trim the underlying structure on the waterfall to fix a recent one and that his car has a custom leather pad. All well and good but that is not a workable solution for me. So wise builders out there, how did you make this work with both a hard top and a convertible without a huge gap clearly visible when installing the hard top? The bolster needs nearly 2" of depth in order to sit flat 20160829_115402[1].jpg. How much depth do you have on your flange? Are the flanges all cut off this short on these thing or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?

Help me out guys, what can I do to resolve this?

thanks and feel free to call if you want more details. tom 916-812-5441

Post Thanks / Like
    When you say it's cut short, what limits you from lowering the waterfall including the bolster until it's flush with the body?
    I haven't installed the bolster yet so are you saying that the bolster is too tall for the waterfall flange?
    Also
    For clarity, is the body fastened at the height where it matches the bottom of the chassis or maybe 1/4" above it at most.
    FWIW
    Tony is a pretty straight shooter, if he answers a question he doesn't pull any punches.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bolster height it 1.75". I can lower the waterfall to clearance the bolster but when I install the hardtop, the waterfall flange is way to short to mate up to the bottom of the hard top and leaves a big gap which is very visible..

Post Thanks / Like
    If you see first pic, thats how far I have to lower waterfall to make bolster fit flat on top.