Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Done, beautiful and exhilarating

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Done, beautiful and exhilarating

Inspected, Temp tagged, and Titled! What A refief................ but never Done lol.

I just wanted to post a few pics of my finished product along with a little advice

First, the advice- if your building one of these cars start a build thread. I didn't and really wished I had. guys on this forum are so helpful, if your having issues, chances are someone else has been there before or you will get ideas and thoughts from all the great minds and creative individuals that are consistently watching the threads.

my build started in aug 2013 - donar 2006 wrx wagon
    plated aug 2016
    chassis # 115

I feel lucky my inspection went well....see my boat wiper
    rear pic finished paint.jpg

I was worried about the wiper and bumper and a few other things that the ohio revised code calls for but, come to find out they were not looked for or thought about by the inspector.

Once you drive this car you will realize why you spent the time to build it, it is so satisfying, it makes you grin from ear to ear. I really didn't do much to the motor yet either, like I said never done.

here are some more pics.

carbon.jpg

one with the boss:
    finish pic roses.jpg

instrument cluster:

inst cluster.jpg

more of the inside later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Doug, now go and enjoy the hell out of it. One recommendation, before you get on it too much,if you can, take it out to a local auto cross or even just a large lot and flog it a bit to see what it does and get used to it. It's an amazing handling car but it's got it's limits when the turbo kicks in and it's always good to know where those are in a parking lot and not on a two lane road! Just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Doug, on a great job. I agree that the 818 is exhilarating but be careful. My 818S has 500 miles on it but now back in the garage for conversion to 818C. I'd love to see more photos because it looks beautiful in the shot with the boss. Again, congrats on the milestone.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Doug,
    Glad to see that your inspection was easy.

Like Erik said, go find a vacant country road in the middle of a corn field and do some brake testing.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and awesome job. But I see some wheels that need to be driven off it
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. It looks like a lot of fun to drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks incredible!