FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe weight penalty

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe weight penalty

Can anyone confirm the EXTRA weight incurred by having the coupes glassed hardtop and door window mechanisms?

I am keen to know how much added weight there is to the 818C over the 818S.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

Post Thanks / Like
    based on my car, I'd say you're going to be looking at approximately 100 to 200 lbs weight gain from the hardtop. Mine might not be like everyone else's, because I've decided to add a windshield cage loop and connect it to the main roll hoop via 2 tubes that run horizontally from windshield loop to roll cage. But because of interior components, etc, I'd say the increase shouldn't be more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamshackle View Post
    Can anyone confirm the EXTRA weight incurred by having the coupes glassed hardtop and door window mechanisms?

I am keen to know how much added weight there is to the 818C over the 818S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    based on my car, I'd say you're going to be looking at approximately 100 to 200 lbs weight gain from the hardtop. Mine might not be like everyone else's, because I've decided to add a windshield cage loop and connect it to the main roll hoop via 2 tubes that run horizontally from windshield loop to roll cage. But because of interior components, etc, I'd say the increase shouldn't be more than that.
    That seems like a big weight increase. hmmm.

I wonder if FFR will release weight info, I am sure they have it now?

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking that the car will weight in around 2000lbs base. This can vary greatly due to what features you add to the car. Like running awic, ac, power steering, how much insulation to radio system. The interior fit and finish will greatly change the weight of the car. Im running awic and ac already, so adding a bit more glass and some more fiberglass isn't bothering me. I saved weight by not using the stock seats and not going crazy with my interior. If you take into consideration the new front end has a beefier frame you can easily see some weight gain and the door frames have more steel for the window regulators. I think the weight will be close to the R if not slightly higher but not by much. They have a better cage and we get an enclosed car.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I missed it but has anyone who bought a coupe or added the coupe top to their S weighed the top plus glass?

Also, could anyone please tell me the height to the roof of the coupe from the floor pan where the fuel tank area is (about where your head would be aligned with)?

Thanks.