MidOhio and Watkins Glen back to back, what more can a racer ask for!

The schedule worked out great. I needed to test for NASA Nationals. NASA Great Lakes region decided to have an event the weekend before the Watkins Glen test… When making the schedule I thought to myself ‘Watkins Glen is on the way back home from MidOhio only 6hrs! hmm that might just work, why not tow 12hrs to MidO, race, then stop to test at the Glen, 5 full days of driving, sweet.’

Dad and I left NH Thursday, got to Ohio without issue and even did some sight seeing stopping at Summit Racing’s massive warehouse in Ohio. Many parts on the racecar came from there. Well, it’s awesome! Paradise for a racer and of course I had to buy something…

At MidOhio were fellow FFR Challenge racers Brian, Mike D., Julie, Lyle, and Paul Arnold (who bought a GTS4 Porsche and was racing that). The event was full as people were getting their last race starts in for Nationals, Mike Tuck signed up late and didn’t make it in the event! That is with Peter LaRose cancelling last minute too! Bob Deeks even decided to grace us with his presence in his stupid fast ST1 Corvette.

Friday uneventful running practice all day, I scuffed new set of Hoosier tires, and messed around on super old Toyo RA1 from 2010 to burn them up finally. I miss MidOhio, it’s a blast to drive and brought back great memories. I even got to dice on track once again with Paul Arnold in his Porsche, but the session got cut short when a lot of oil came out of Bob Deeks’s car. 🙁