Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: are FF sales/discounts common?

Post Thanks / Like

are FF sales/discounts common?

I've been thinking of this for years, but finally in a place to buy and build starting in January. But I see the current $1000 cash/ $2000 options offer and wondered if these happened fairly regularly, i.e. 6 months or certain times of year. No guarantees of course, but I'm sure I've seen deals in the past.

Obviously I'd like to coincide with a sale if possible, and wondered if I should put the $1000 down now to hold price even so far out from delivery date.

(btw, does anyone know ballpark backlog on orders?)

exciting times, thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that there is always a sale of some sort going on. Sometimes it's 1/2 off accessories, sometimes straight cash off, sometimes big reductions on specific items, etc. I ordered a lot of options for my '33 Hot Rod, so the 50/50 sale worked out best for me - credit of over $3K.

I don't know how they are running now, but earlier this year the backlog was around 4-6 weeks IIRC. Also, F5R sent me ALL of my backordered items (including replacing defective vendor parts) within 6 weeks of my kit being delivered. My experience was that F5R has the logistics well under control and they were diligent about following up on any open issues. Good luck with your (potential) build! Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a great ride.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    The 50/50 sale did it for me. Saved about 3k in the upgrades I wanted. Look for it this winter.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but you never know when or what they are will be offering.

When I ordered my kit (11/10/2014) the deal was $1,500.00 off a complete kit or $2,500.00 worth of upgrades excluding wheels and the top. I spent an additional $1,000.00 over the offer and got everything I wanted with the exception of a few items that I purchased later, on sale of course. I did a delayed delivery request (February 2015) because I needed to get my garage and finances in order.

Good Luck & Hope You Build Your Dream Car Sooner Than Later!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 09-02-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I ordered mine it was 2500 off plus wheels, so I added a couple goodies. Always a sale, call and ask, they may make a deal with you right now.
    '33 Hotrod #448, HotRod Flat Black, Engine Turned Firewall,
    306, B-Cam, GT40p Heads, High Rise Shelby Intake, Dual Quad Holleys, Four Link 3.27

FFR 2863, Arctic Silver w Blue Stripe, 306, Ported Polished Heads, BG575,
    3-Link, 295/50's on F5 Replica Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR-

As other have said, Factory Five seems to have fairly regular sales. Some are better than others though. When I ordered mine, I wasn't prepared for the car to be delivered right away. So, I ordered to take advantage of the sale, which was pretty good, and delayed delivery for several months. It worked out great, and the sale(s) that ran between my order and the delivery were not as good as the one I was able to take advantage of.

If you feel like the current deal is almost too good to pass up, go ahead and place your order, and take a delivery date when it works for you. I don't know how Factory Five would handle it, but if a better sale comes up in the interim, contact them to see what they could do for you. Or, ask them now before you place an order. Like I said, I don't know how they handle such things, but it certainly can't hurt to ask.

Best of luck with your decision! It's been a great decision for me, and building has been a blast!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate asking for it, but I know my wife will make me. Do they offer a Military discount? I know I could just call and ask them, but I'm holding off as I haven't quite figured out all my options and when I call them the first time I know I'll end up placing an order for a kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, appreciate the help! Busy planning and looking to place the order soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterfubar View Post
    I hate asking for it, but I know my wife will make me. Do they offer a Military discount? I know I could just call and ask them, but I'm holding off as I haven't quite figured out all my options and when I call them the first time I know I'll end up placing an order for a kit.
    Mr. Fubar-

I recall asking when I ordered, and the answer was no. Factory Five is a very patriotic company, and they do a fair amount for the folks that defend this great nation. As such, I wasn't really expecting one. As always, it never hurts to ask, but I would be prepared to hear that they do not.

Go ahead and order the kit; you won't regret it!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted a lot of the options so the 50/50 winter sale worked for me. Then i spent saved money at Bob Drake Reproductions for stock 33 stainless steel parts. Going full fender retro look, with stock lights, bumpers and tail lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are planning on buying a lot of options then the 50/50 sale is the way to go. It worked out well for me. FFR usually runs that sale a couple of times each year.

Post Thanks / Like
    remember that when you buy your kit that everything on that original order is what will be on your sales receipt. That is the receipt you take to the local DMV (here in California) and that is what they use to compute the sales tax on your kit if applicable in your state. In my case, the added options will mean over $400 in added sales tax. You may want to split your order into basic complete kit and a separate one for the options in case you decide to not use something, you won 't be paying sales tax. Every nickel helps in this build process and paying a bunch of tax needlessly is no on the plan for most of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    remember that when you buy your kit that everything on that original order is what will be on your sales receipt. That is the receipt you take to the local DMV (here in California) and that is what they use to compute the sales tax on your kit if applicable in your state. In my case, the added options will mean over $400 in added sales tax. You may want to split your order into basic complete kit and a separate one for the options in case you decide to not use something, you won 't be paying sales tax. Every nickel helps in this build process and paying a bunch of tax needlessly is no on the plan for most of us.
    That sounds like a good idea until you look at freight costs. That second order to get the rest of your car from MA to Cali will cost at least that much more in freight to get across the country.
    HTH
    Dale 7L Hemi 33