My rear (both) turn signals do not work. Both front signals work properly. The emerg. flasher works properly at all four corners. The tail and brake lights work properly. I have the tail light assemblies wired as per instructions in the manual (rev 2d). I have cut the white and yellow wires at the toggle switch connector which is not used. I have a blinking signal at the proper pin on the steering column connector for right and left rear turn signal (white and yellow) as expected. I have a blinking signal at the unused yellow and white wires at the end of the rear harness assembly.
I spoke to Dan at FFR and he verified everything seems normal. He told me that all four corners have to be connected to get proper resistance to make the flashers work so I hooked up at 1157 test bulb into the front left circuit. It blinks like normal but the rear does not. He suggests that I call Ididit and see how this is supposed to work because the turn signal is supposed to travel down the purple wire to the rear brake light when signaling. Somehow, the yellow turn signal output gets turned purple and makes for blinking lights. He also thinks I should ohm out the rear harness to see if I can find where the yellow wire turns purple.
This isn't my first rodeo and I know wires don't change color in the middle of the harness. I also know the three wire lights are very common in our hotrod world so this is not rocket science. What could I possibly have done to make this not work?
I have read and reread every post I can find and nothing similar is listed regarding this problem. I must have something connected wrong, missing, or I am just plain out of it today. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tom
916 812-5441