FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Setting Ride height?

Post Thanks / Like

Setting Ride height?

Ok, how is it we set the ride heights on these beasts after the front end is complete. I have the silver bodied shocks which have to be installed body down so the adjuster is at the bottom. I can get to one of the set screws on one shock but have been unable to turn the ring to adjust the darn things. I need to raise one side about 1/2" to get it level. It looks like I would have to completely remove the grill assembly and possibly tear the control arms out. help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help you with the access. But you do have the suspension unloaded, right? With it hanging loose, they're not hard to turn. Also be very careful with those set screws. It's real easy to mess up the threads and that makes them hard to turn as well. Many take them out. Once under load from the springs, the adjuster isn't going to turn.

Also, for the record, unless you have it on scales, best practice is to turn the front and rear pairs at the same time and the exact same amount. Not one at a time.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.