FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coast / South OC Cobra Clubhouse? UPDATE 2nd candidate (Laguna)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coast / South OC Cobra Clubhouse? UPDATE 2nd candidate (Laguna)

Been talking with some members about my shop issues and it came up how cool it would be if we could pool our resources and get a central "clubhouse" like the HB Hotrod club has. It would be outfitted with one or more lifts and tools + parking. I'd like to know if anyone in the Fountain Valley/Tustin/HB/Newport/Dana Point/Mission Viejo area would be interested in such a place. I don't have a location in mind but we could budget something out depending on the amount of members.

If you are interested in a Cobra Clubhouse, chime in here and let's see if there is enough interest to move forward!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Maritzio (Maui1972) is in Costa Mesa and is interested in this project. We are hoping to move in this maybe by the end of October so I'd love to hear from you if you think you MIGHT be interested!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in David
    MKIV Roadster #8862
    Order Date- 4/4/16
    Delivery Date- 4/30/16
    Completion 1/15/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ryan, that's great! I called John Tongish but he was busy so I gave him the 30 second elevator pitch and he likes the concept too.

We'll be flushing this out in the weeks to come so stay tuned!

PS if you want to discuss it more in a private setting, PM me your number and I'll get in touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you can work something out David; this sounds like a great idea! As I think about it we sort of seem to have one of those clubhouses here in Bloomington, Indiana---my house (4 FFRs in town, 3 of which I built!)

Good luck!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, depending on costs, I'd be interested. Keep me posted on what you decide.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've crated a new group called OC FFROG you can navigate to it from the "community" drop down link at the top of this thread, or by clicking here. One of the first things we'll do is investigate the feasibility of a clubhouse. If you own a FFR in OC, join our group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was driving in Costa Mesa yesterday and came upon this:

It is empty now with a "For Lease" Sign in the front. I called it and the guy said the shop would be ready in 3 weeks. It is ~3000 sq feet total with 3 shop doors, a bathroom with shower, and the enclosed parking (shown with a ton of cars in it above.

Guy gave me a fairly outrageous 1st quote but once I mentioned it would be used as a clubhouse he was very excited to talk more; he even caught himself before saying "I can do a deal..."

So, if you are in SoCal and are interested in a central clubhouse space with tools, at least one lift, and enclosed parking. Now's the time to come forward!

Who's interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    If only it was in San Diego... Cool idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo.... Maybe...
    FFR #6240 Delivered 8-2-07:
    Build started (after Mustang project finished) in October '07. First start 11/16/08 13:08 First Go Kart 11/30 15:33 Body on #1 1/11/08 11:40 First Shakedown Drive 3/1/09 13:30 500 Miles as of 4/5/09 at 11:00 1000 miles 5/2/09 07:00 Delivered to new owner 6/28/09 17:00
    Bought back 12/18/16 12:45

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sir John Tongish sent me the following link. It is MUCH more reasonable! Not quite as centrally located for the HB boys but like I said, MUCH more for your money. CHeck it out:
    http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1945-...ch-CA/9898577/

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I took a look at the property in Laguna Canyon (mentioned in the post above) and I think it is worth pursuing. Suggest you get your list of interested parties assembled and start putting some numbers and commitments together.
    As a side note, the Queen hasn't knighted me yet so there is no need to address me as "Sir".
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir John Tongish,

I think that David was being deferential to an elder statesman in the group ... well deserved honor.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Tongish View Post
    As a side note, the Queen hasn't knighted me yet so there is no need to address me as "Sir".
    Actually, John prefers "Your Highness"

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Kneeling is optional
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!