Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vancouver Island Cars

Post Thanks / Like

Vancouver Island Cars

It never fails to amaze me, what cars are lurking in the shadows on this rock in the pacific. I went to a smaller car show this last weekend. Small like maybe 40 cars..
    Here are a few of the cars that showed up.

The army truck was a 1942 Chevrolet RH drive, which apparently was shipped overseas in two crates, and needed to be assembled upon arrival. The owner said there were thousands and thousands of them made for WWII. This ne was used as a log skidder after the war, and was in pretty rough shape. Many of the parts he built from original blueprint copy's, by hand.

A 2006 Ford GT was a surprise to see. Not to many of them, in this neck of the woods. There were actually three FFR roadsters at one point, which is something you would be hard pressed to see at even the bigger (600+ cars), shows held here on the Island each summer. I missed getting a picture of the now, street legal spec racer that showed up, as he didn't stick around to long. I think he was intimidated by my shiny new paint job...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AC Bill; 09-19-2016 at 01:05 AM.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    That GT is nice. You still driving around in gel coat Bill? No Brittany blue yet? looks like the beautiful Fall weather is there on the island.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle, I finally did get the car painted, and believe it or not, it's the Ivy Green Metallic one in the photos.
    The Britanny or Princess blue, were always in the running as a my #1 color choice, from early in the build. But... I always loved the classy but tough look, of John Olsen's street 427, back when he had it, so it was also stuck in my head for years.
    I actually grew to like the darker color after driving in gel-coat for so many years. I especially liked that I didn't get any reflection off the inside of the windshield, obscuring my vision, and I know my eye's aren't getting any younger. At the last minute, the green won..

I miss the gel-coat though because I never worried about it. Cat could come visit me when I was working on it. I could lay tools down on the car, or a box of parts, do a power 180 degree turn on a gravel road. Never worried about belt buckles, zippers, watches, kids, etc..
    I'm not going to get to revved up if a chip or a scratch happens, but it's still so fresh to me, I'd like it to look good for at least a driving season or two.

Still have to do something with the wheels, I still have a couple of fender badges to put on, and the defog ducts back. All winter projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AC Bill; 09-19-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Bill! I like green on these roadsters as it does suit them well. With the black roll bars, you made a good choice.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.