Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SEMA Show

Post Thanks / Like

SEMA Show

Is any one going to SEMA, or having a car there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted-
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe that only one person has responded to this; and they deleted their post...

I don't think my car will be there, but if I can find credentials for Pam and myself, we're think of going for a couple of days.

I guess people are playing it close to the vest for the surprise factor...

See you there hopefully.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a thread already on both forums where Erik H has started the list for the annual SEMA bar nite. The OP can find what he is looking for there.
    HTH
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I didn't know

Post Thanks / Like
    Is SEMA open to the public?
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    SEMA is open to the public but only so far as you must be affiliated with a company that is specifically in the automotive aftermarket business and be credentialed as such. So the company needs to be a member of the SEMA organization, then you have to be listed as a representative, and then you/the company have to pay the admittance fee. I can't remember, but I do believe there is also a minimum age limit of 18. Your credentials are supposed to be worn in plain site and they are color coded to represent what you are doing there for your affiliated company. So media will have one type of credential and company buyers will have another. Vendors another color, and displayers yet another, etc. This is an industry based show that is not out and out considered "open to the public" but with so many SEMA member companies around, you can pretty much find a sponsor if you look very hard at all that will allow you to attend the show.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Crash is correct. A company must be a member of SEMA. Then any attendees must be a employee of the company. The public can not get in. Your badge must be worn at all times. Ive been there many times. This year as a treat I am taking my employees. They earned it! A vendor/manufacture that is attending the show can get a guest pass for a person. I hoping I can get Mikes car in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I can't believe that only one person has responded to this; and they deleted their post...

I don't think my car will be there, but if I can find credentials for Pam and myself, we're think of going for a couple of days.

I guess people are playing it close to the vest for the surprise factor...

See you there hopefully.

Mike
    Sorry didn't mean to imply anything really.. My car will be there and I am going.. But I realized after I posted this question was gtm related. ... My car is a roadster so I deleted... That's all.😊😀
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing those of you who attend.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    John, Is your car going this year? I have a work commitment and can not make it this year. Been looking for you at NJMP this year but only made it there a couple of times myself. Michael
    Michael

GTM 240

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkwd1 View Post
    John, Is your car going this year? I have a work commitment and can not make it this year. Been looking for you at NJMP this year but only made it there a couple of times myself. Michael
    Hey Michael

Unfortunately my track time has been limited by work and family obligations this year. I'll make it to SEMA but another customer GTM will be in the factory five booth.

We will get out to NJMP one of these days. I'm looking forward to staging some photos with two GTMs on the track. You don't see that every day.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    My time has been limited as well. Last minute mandatory business trip ruined plans for SEMA this year. It is a shame, that is by far one of the most fun car events anyone can attend. I will make in 2017.

As far as NJMP, made it in April and one day in July, that is it. Same issues, family commitment, scouts and work. I really want to get back there because I have completely reworked the suspension with the QRP front sway bar, softer spring, lowered another 1/2" fixed the bump steer front and back and QRP custom shocks. The car should be much better. Problem is the car is already far better than the driver so any more improvements are masked by my limited skill set.

I may make it on the 14th but work looks like it may be a problem. Let me know about the photo session. maybe we can get a couple other to show.
    Michael

GTM 240