Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: carpet?

Post Thanks / Like

carpet?

what is everyone doing to secure there carpet to the floor, everytime I get in and out the carpet slides around on the smooth floor. I would like to find something that holds it in place but the carpet can be taken in and out for cleaning.
    Last edited by Lumpyguy; 09-26-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    DAP Weldwood contact cement. Get the HHR variety if you can find it (upholstery shop) - it resists heat better than the regular kind but the regular kind would probably work ok too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping to find a velcro or plastic clip approach that would allow the carpets to be removed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I added rubber to the underside of my floor mats. Glued them together. I'm only on week one of the experiment, but it seems to be working well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture above was after one pass. I waited a couple minutes, did a second pass in the other direction, waited another couple minutes and stuck the two together. Again, I'm early in the experiment and only did the driver side in case it turns out to be a failure, but they seem locked together well. The rubber doesn't slide on the metal once any weight is on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used silicone, one tube did both sides, no slipping in 1500 miles. Heavy duty double sided permanent tape failed miserably
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this isn't exactly this threads subject, but does anyone have a diagram or did factory five have an illustration of where all the carpet pieces go? I have some very small pieces that I am not entire sure of and I am hoping there is a diagram I just didn't know about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the silicone bond the carpet to the floor sheetmetal, or does it just stick to the carpet and provide a no slip surface on the carpet like soccer goalie gloves? In other words, can the carpet be lifted out if desired?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Does the silicone bond the carpet to the floor sheetmetal, or does it just stick to the carpet and provide a no slip surface on the carpet like soccer goalie gloves? In other words, can the carpet be lifted out if desired?
    I know your comment was directed at Dan, but I'm not sure of my original post was clear. Mine lifts out. The rubber and carpet are glued together, but the rubber is not glued down. Effect is similar to the goalie glove analogy you reference.

Rubber came in a roll at Menards. It is designed to be used as a gym or anti fatigue mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used velcro and cheap outdoor carpet from Menard works and looks perfect. Still getting it all finished up but so far I see no problems with the velcro method. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8C-build/page3