Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone have extra ABS sensors around?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have extra ABS sensors around?

After upgrading to a 2014 WRX trans I'm left without a good spot for a VSS. Looking at grabbing a Map DCCD wheel speed sensor kit. My local junk yard seems to not have any 2002+ Impreza's in the yard atm so I figured I would check here and see if anyone had any extra sensors? I just need 2 sensors. 1 rear and 1 front.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's some on eBay cheap, 25 bucks... I'm in the same boat of needing abs sensors... and a rear tone ring due to a slip.

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got jdm 07 from legacy. U can have if they'll work. Pm address, I'll send em n/c

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    After upgrading to a 2014 WRX trans I'm left without a good spot for a VSS. Looking at grabbing a Map DCCD wheel speed sensor kit. My local junk yard seems to not have any 2002+ Impreza's in the yard atm so I figured I would check here and see if anyone had any extra sensors? I just need 2 sensors. 1 rear and 1 front.
    Red
    You need about 5 pulses per tire rev to get an accurate speedo. My trans is an 2012.
    My first attempt with an industrial sensor that went through the rear ABS hole and sense the back side of the wheel lug studs. It worked great until the middle of my track day when the sensor got to hot and failed. (brake heat)
    That's when I move it to the front wheel.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Red
    You need about 5 pulses per tire rev to get an accurate speedo. My trans is an 2012.
    My first attempt with an industrial sensor that went through the rear ABS hole and sense the back side of the wheel lug studs. It worked great until the middle of my track day when the sensor got to hot and failed. (brake heat)
    That's when I move it to the front wheel.
    Bob
    I ended up going with the MAPDCCD VSS(http://mapdccd.com/vss.html) so I will be using ABS sensors. I am assuming the OEM Sensors can handle the heat based on other Subaru guys never having any issues, thats my main reason for trying this path. I really want my ECU to have speed sensor reading on the dyno so I want to be able to use the Rear.

Quote Originally Posted by aquillen View Post
    I've got jdm 07 from legacy. U can have if they'll work. Pm address, I'll send em n/c
    Sadly it will not Thank you though!
    Last edited by redfogo; 10-13-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not using mine and I think I have them... let me check this week.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one kicking around has a pig tail not terminated with a connector 02 wrx.

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked through all my electrical stuff left over.... i had 3 good ones...thought for sure they were in that box.
    I cant imagine I threw them out so 'll keep checking.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry I managed to grab some earlier today from the junk yard. My 818 is now happy and no longer dealing with vss speed cut issues yay