Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2016 Coyote engine oil cooler removal??

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Coyote engine oil cooler removal??

I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me. Just got to the point in my '33 Hot rod build where I'm finding out the problems with the newer series Coyote crate engine. I understand FFR is working on an update to the "Coyote Install" instructions. In the mean time, I need help with some issues relating to the fit of the engine. 1) Any advice in removing the factory oil cooler under the filter. Obviously it has to go. 2) Any new info on the CMCV's (charge motion control valves) that are on the 2015-2016 engines and will hit the firewall. My initial measurements reveal I need about 3/4" to 1" more clearance to fit the engine in. Help??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHunt View Post
    I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me. Just got to the point in my '33 Hot rod build where I'm finding out the problems with the newer series Coyote crate engine. I understand FFR is working on an update to the "Coyote Install" instructions. In the mean time, I need help with some issues relating to the fit of the engine. 1) Any advice in removing the factory oil cooler under the filter. Obviously it has to go. 2) Any new info on the CMCV's (charge motion control valves) that are on the 2015-2016 engines and will hit the firewall. My initial measurements reveal I need about 3/4" to 1" more clearance to fit the engine in. Help??
    To remove the oil cooler you need a large hex head fitting to fit up in the center and unscrewvit. The entire unit will come off then. Can't remember the size. A bolt head is used by some people and works good.

Can't help you with the other. I have MK4 and had no issues with the firewall.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that solves at least one little problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced my intake manifold and thottle body with a cobra jet manifold.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the stock manifold if remove the CMCV vacuum motors and lock the runners. Here is at least one source for the parts required. http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....roducts_id=896. A custom tune will be required.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know of an oil filter relocation kit for this motor besides the Ford one? That one is very pricey.

Thks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    You can use the stock manifold if remove the CMCV vacuum motors and lock the runners. Here is at least one source for the parts required. http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....roducts_id=896. A custom tune will be required.
    And the best $40 you'll spend in cleaning up the appearance of your Coyote. Quite simply, those vacuum motors are GROSS.