Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro and new build thread

Post Thanks / Like

Intro and new build thread

IMG_0405.JPGMy handle is frankc5r and I live in Saline, Mi, just south of Ann Arbor. Worked at Univ Mich in Instrumentation for many years and had a
    second life as engineer on multiple factory road racing programs over the years with the last being Corvette Racing where I initially worked
    on wiring the cars and later did the radios which for a race like LeMans meant over 100 units.
    Did many a hotrod over the years , one of the latest being a Cad Northstar mounted midengined in 65 Corvair.

Decided to do a kit car and 818, probably a coupe, looks like a fun project. I went ahead and got a donor car a few weeks ago from Wayne,
    a 2002 WRX with little over 100k on it. Have got almost all suspension rebuilt with new bearings etc and have been cleaning up engine and trans.
    Reduced harness to a couple pounds and will be doing the harness myself cause that is what I did in racing for years. Getting a Microsquirt
    from Wayne. Took off trans today and car appears to have a stage 1 Exedy clutch not too long ago. Will check it for finger height and disc wear.
    Going to try to attach a picture of clutch so others can tell me if I guess correctly.

Going to order from FFR when next sale comes along which some say may be about thanksgiving.

All suggestions welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the 818 Forum.
    My first suggestion, since you asked, is to create a thread in the Build Threads sub forum rather than here in the Donor forum.
    I'm looking forward to how your build progresses, its great to have long time experienced racers in here.
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
    Welcome to the 818 Forum.
    My first suggestion, since you asked, is to create a thread in the Build Threads sub forum rather than here in the Donor forum.
    I'm looking forward to how your build progresses, its great to have long time experienced racers in here.
    Thanks. That is what I meant to do but had brain fade. Copied it over to build section.