--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro and new build thread

IMG_0405.JPGMy handle is frankc5r and I live in Saline, Mi, just south of Ann Arbor. Worked at Univ Mich in Instrumentation for many years and had a
second life as engineer on multiple factory road racing programs over the years with the last being Corvette Racing where I initially worked
on wiring the cars and later did the radios which for a race like LeMans meant over 100 units.
Did many a hotrod over the years , one of the latest being a Cad Northstar mounted midengined in 65 Corvair.

Decided to do a kit car and 818, probably a coupe, looks like a fun project. I went ahead and got a donor car a few weeks ago from Wayne,
a 2002 WRX with little over 100k on it. Have got almost all suspension rebuilt with new bearings etc and have been cleaning up engine and trans.
Reduced harness to a couple pounds and will be doing the harness myself cause that is what I did in racing for years. Getting a Microsquirt
from Wayne. Took off trans today and car appears to have a stage 1 Exedy clutch not too long ago. Will check it for finger height and disc wear.
Going to try to attach a picture of clutch so others can tell me if I guess correctly.

Going to order from FFR when next sale comes along which some say may be about thanksgiving.

All suggestions welcomed.