Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by bigger; 06-15-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigger View Post
    I've been using a tactrix cable and romraider to put together a decent tune for an engine I'd like to use in my upcoming 818c project, and it has been going very well. My latest tune is for E85, and it has been a huge success. As much as I like running on E85, it is a pain to find fuel sometimes. The idea of roadtripping has me worried, too. I don't really want to run the tank down and flash to a 91 octane tune to go to Vegas..

Recently I've started looking at the Carberry rom, as it supports MANY really cool features like launch control, no lift to shift, dual maps without a reflash, speed density, and FLEX FUEL support. I've noticed many guys here are running E85, and I'm wondering if anyone else is diving into flex fuel.. By adding an ethanol sensor to the fuel system, the ecu can scale from standard 91/93 octane pump gas to E85 and any mixture in between. The idea of being able to road trip without worrying about finding corn fuel or being sure to completely empty the tank and reflash seems incredible. Once I get a carberry tune running on a spare ecu, I'm going to order the sensor to give it a try.

For anyone that's interested, check out the details on the Romraider site. http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=36&t=7594

I'd really like to hear if anyone has had a stab at it.
    Sounds awesome I am hoping to get my car on E85 as well once I get things finished up. Speed density also seems like a great way to go. When you swapped to this map did you just transfer all your stock tables over to this tune and then it just ran well? Or did you have to do a lot to get the car to run happy again? I know once you swap to E85 there will be plenty of tuning but for the initial swap from OEM MAF tune to Speed Density how was the switch?

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    you forgot to turn up the boost.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.