Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New England Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

New England Cruise

Hi Gang:

I need some advice on a New England cruise. I am part of a group of Cobra owners in and around north Texas who take our cars all over the country and cruise them every September. Sometimes we ship them and fly ourselves to a location...sometimes we trailer them. I am considering planning a trip to New England in 2017 (shipping the cars). However, I have a lot of questions that I think our New England FFR owners can answer. We are considering having the cars transported to Providence RI and flying in to pick them up driving them northward until we reach a good stopping point somewhere in Maine. We would need a city large enough to have good airline service.

Following are my questions:
    1. Would it be smart to move the trip to August to avoid cold weather or is the traffic too tough in August?
    2. Is it a good idea to drive out to Cape Cod (Provincetown) and/or maybe even ferry the cars to Martha's Vineyard for a couple of days stay?
    3. Is there a way to traverse north through Boston that make sense for Cobras and a place (hotel) to stop in Boston that would allow us to see the city with encountering terrible traffic?
    4. Are there must-see places north of Boston towards Maine?
    5. Any suggestions on where and how far to go into Maine?

Any route or hotel info would be welcome. We cruise the cars and to enjoy great scenery and people and I think we are missing out if we don't venture to the Northeast! By the way, we often match up with folks from the area we are visiting for a day or two of the cruise. That is always fun and helpful to us.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Jerry Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jerry I live in the CT area

1. Travailing through MA to the cape or Maine it will be some what busy during rush hour any time of the year. for this year 2016 the peek of the fall season for foliage colours is peaking right now. if that is what you want to see next year?
    2. Yes, cape cod and Martha's Vineyard are beautiful. If you want to ferry the cars out to Martha's Vineyard you need to reserve the trip on the ferry ( many months out ) per car. each way!
    3. Boston. Just count on traffic its going to be there. every minute of the day. But Boston has many site seeing area.
    4 Maine yea maybe someone else can chime in here. Oh get a Maine steamed lobster or 2. If you like seafood there is a food around New England call steamers. they are a ugly looking crustacean. you need to take off the shells then clean off this ugly look snot skin. then clean it in a broth, then in butter, then its heaven time.
    5 old orchard beach or Portland others may say further up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There, I live in Bourne on Cape Cod. There are many, many great places to see and do on the cape as well as Martha's vineyard. I would be happy to discuss with you further and help/participate in a cruise as I am sure we could get a bunch of the new England guys to cruise and enjoy the sights.

I will send a you a PM.
    September is a great driving time. Great weather, yet after the tourist season. Should be perfect timing.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63