Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MoreauBoys Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like

MoreauBoys Build Thread

Week 1. Got our kit on 12 October 2016. Donor is a 2007 WRX that we got from VCP. Sent all the uncoated parts and aluminum to the PowderCoater and are waiting on their return. Completed inventory and have everything organized, well mostly! Pressed out the spindle bearings and are putting in new bearings and seals. Pressed out all the donor bushings and replaced with new Polyurethane bushings. Hope to start riveting soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you're off to an awesome start. Which model 818 did you go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I agree it sounds like a good start, especially with the VCP donor. Who is "we"? I'm always envious of guys who build with a son or father or brother since I've built two FFR cars by myself. You said you'll start riveting, but try to look ahead to see what should be installed before a panel hides it. The manual, for instance , says rivet the panel under the seats but then it's hard to mount the seats. Consider Clecos or #8 screws as temporary rivets.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).