Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help me brake down brakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Help me brake down brakes!

Ok so if you have followed my 20 threads with different questions you know that my plan has changed a bit. For the sake of simplicity here is my plan..

Complete kit
    Stainless sidepipes
    Chrome roll bar
    Roll bar trim kit
    Wind wings
    Visors
    Reclaimed sn95 rear end with axles from richern obren
    351 long block from tristar with eldebrock performer intake and Holley 750dp
    Tko from forte with bellhousing and miscellaneous parts to meet up with engine
    Hammertone on panels. Undercoat on the backsides
    Herculiner on underside of body
    17x9 halibrands in front
    17x10s in the rear

My question is in regards to the brakes. I want to grab some 13" rotors for the frot and cobra calipers. What will I need in the way of brackets/ hoses. I also want to upgrade the rear with cobra calipers and bigger rotors. Not sure if this will work with the fox width axles and sn95 style cobra calipers and rotors. I know Richard obren can supply most of what I need but I have a lead on cobra calipers in really good shape and I like the idea of them peaking through.

Thanks for any help as always!

Post Thanks / Like
    The fronts are a direct bolt on assuming they come with the mounting bracket. The hoses from the complete kit will work. On the rear, Pretty sure the calipers are all the same. Just taller mounting brackets to accommodate the taller rotors.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mike. What rotors would you guys recommend. This won't be a track car. Just street driven and local car shows. Drilled and slotted would look nice but I realize the benefits arnt much.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    The fronts are a direct bolt on assuming they come with the mounting bracket. The hoses from the complete kit will work. On the rear, Pretty sure the calipers are all the same. Just taller mounting brackets to accommodate the taller rotors.
    Mike
    Mike,

1. If the car is NOT going to be Road Raced or Auto-Crossed very seriously, then do you think it is worth the upgrade.
    2. I've got the FFR standard Mustang pieces on the front of my car and just wanted to know your opinion since Usudno started this thread.
    3. My car will be more of a cruiser, with most of my track days being straight down the 1,320, since I never really got in to turning left and right.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of my reasoning is the look of the caliper and how dinky the rotors will look behind 17s

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Wilwoods. That being said, when was the last time that you stopped too fast? One foot more stopping distance can be the difference between just an underwear change and a trip to the hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said avalanche! I'm looking for performance without breaking the bank on those willwoods

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gents,

1. I'll wait to upgrade until after I get a chance to drive it.
    2. If it stops better than my daily driver or son's car, then I will likely leave it alone.
    3. I just need some time and to purchase the Carb, Pulleys, Alternator & Bracket so I'm close, really, really, really close.

Steve

https://youtu.be/UJwM5godh88
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 10-26-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never come across larger than standard Mustang Cobra rear rotors that still use the stock calipers but there may be some out there. You could look for rear brake upgrades at American Muscle, Steeda, Maximum Motorsports, and any other Mustang go fast company. Because of volume they will usually have the best deals.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.