Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any builders with a completed MK4 near Washington DC?

Post Thanks / Like

Any builders with a completed MK4 near Washington DC?

Hi all. My name is Patrick and I'm a newbie to this forum. With all of my research on the Factory Five community, I've gotten hooked on the idea of building an MK4. Before I take the final plunge, I was hoping to meet a builder in person that has completed an MK4 build. I have two main motivations:

1. I'm 6'4" tall and 200lbs. I would like to sit in one to check my overall fit.
    2. Thought it would be nice to spend a couple minutes downloading the hearing straight from a builder his/her experiences of the process.

I think with this little bit of added information, I could be ready to move forward.

I live in Northern Virginia. If there are any builders within say 50 miles of DC that would like to have me out sometime, that would be much appreciated. If interested, feel free to PM me.

Additionally, I'm sure I could get this info if I were to attend a show/meet etc. I'm not that plugged in yet. I've attended my local cars & coffee a few times looking for one. If you know of any other events I should check out locally, please let me know.

Thank you much,
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Not close enough to show you my build but I am 6'3" and 210. I am quite pleased with how I fit. I did find in my research the kirkey seat options will provide you with the most leg room because the way they are built and sit in the car. A couple more inches than the big and tall seats FFR offers. You might want to take a look at those. I also did the removable steering wheel kit from Breeze. Certainly not mandatory for your height but it does make getting in and out much easier. Really the tightest fit is my size 13 feet in the footbox. With the pedal set up and the right shoes that is not a problem either.
    Good luck. The forum is a great resource of helpful folks!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about 30 minutes north of DC. I'm close to installing body on frame. PM me if you want to come up.
    Gary
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick O View Post
    1. I'm 6'4" tall and 200lbs. I would like to sit in one to check my overall fit.
    2. Thought it would be nice to spend a couple minutes downloading the hearing straight from a builder his/her experiences of the process.
    Hi Patrick,

Good luck with your process, but I can assure you that you will fit and might only need a bit of special modification for your size. Check out my other thread - Will I fit in a FFR - to see how 6'6" and 6'7" folks fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a MK 3.1 that is complete. you are welcome to test fit if you like. I am in Stafford, VA.